Pressure Cooker, Unreasonable Expectations

Former Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Move full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice perks, accommodations and benefits. Only a handful of Account Executives make the money that Move promises. Most do not. Nice co workers!

Cons

The sales floor was threatened weekly, sometimes daily to achieve sales quota set by management. The threats were borderline harassment ranging from being fired, to not getting bonus, etc. Quotas were raised twice since the beginning of the year. Because the quotas were so high Account Executives were expected to sell to the real estate agents products that got minimal results, such as banner advertising, and encouraged to sell the agents more solutions than needed. Overtime all the time.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your clients, the Real Estate agents.

Other Employee Reviews for Move

Do yourself a favor and don't work here.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual dress. Fairly flexible with scheduling and getting time off. Decent pay compared to other similar jobs.

Cons

It was a decent company when I started in 2007 but went downhill fast. They became more concerned with making more sales than actually providing decent customer service and supporting the products that they offer. Sales reps are encouraged to lie and misrepresent products to get sales. Company isn't keeping up with technology and results of competitors resulting in unsatisfied clients. Be prepared to be treated terribly by management as well unless you are one of the lucky ones that becomes friends with them. The "quality assurance" is a joke, if you don't upsell you fail, even if your customer service was perfect.

Advice to Management

Teach your managers how to treat their employees. Customer service department should be focused on CUSTOMER SERVICE not on SALES.

Not impressed

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Move full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None I can think of for my division. My advice: Stay away.

Cons

The company follows trends and new technology, doesn't come out with any new ideas and hasn't since the late 90's. Very old technology and systems. The division I work in gets no resources or money to stay relevant. Takes money from customers and doesn't use it to stay relevant or even try to give them a return on their investment. Very shady about where the division is heading. Many people leaving and none of the positions being re-filled. Most of us who are left think they are going to pull the plug on our division any day now, but not before they bleed us for everything we can possibly get from our customers.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees as well as your customers. Have some integrity. Don't just continue to take your customers money without re-investing it in the company and in turn results for the customer.