There are newer employer reviews for Move

Executives struggling to address long term revenue growth.

Former Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Move full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some top-notch technical contributors and managers at Move.

Cons

Reorgs and changes in direction cause churn/turnover.

Go for competitor's jugulars and be bold about marketing your strengths. Put together road maps of all product lines, with their dependencies on each other & keep them current & communicated within the organization, so that everyone has a clear idea of corporate priorities.

74 Other Employee Reviews for Move (View Most Recent)

Don't care about results for customers.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Move full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay can be rewarding at times when you exceed your goal. Numerous spiffs are awarded for selling the flavor of the day product.

Cons

If you seen the movie Boiler Room this is the environment at Move. Management is terrible, they just want you to slam people get their credit card and get onto the next call. Extreme favoritism in terms of who gets quality book of business. Customer complaints are never dealt with and encouraged to be ignored or move them into another product that doesn't suit the needs of the customer just to retain money. When customer complains that they got zero results management blames you for selling particular product to customer and takes it out of your commission. Absolutely the worst sales organization I ever worked for and if you don't kiss up to your manager you will never be successful here. I guess the bottom line is I worked at Move for over a year and 20 other employees started around the same time. I only know of one person who still works there. They churn, burn you out, and spit you to the curb. Sales philosophy is what have you sold in last 15 minutes otherwise you can never get the attention of management for assistance Standard practice for reps is to go out on stress leave disability. Don't do it.

Take care of your customers, create products that work for customers, create a level playing field, and teach your managers how to manage as opposed to alienate them from success

Experience is not the same in all locations

Current Employee - IT Manager in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Open minded with different technology; People are very supportive of each other; Gym in the building is great

Cons

Growth is stagnant in our location; every change of management there's reduction of staff

Employee Motivation needs attention