Move

www.move.com
There are newer employer reviews for Move

Growing organization, strong balance sheet, motivated workforce to win!

Current Employee - Current Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Current Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

All organizations have challenges. Leadership strength has set the bar high. Smart, enthusiastic talent was needed at all levels to move this company forward. We have strong technologists, product experts, a kick-a*$ sales org and lots of ideas and challenges to solve. Internal training and leadership development is a constant. The expectations are high and we're positioned for a big win. We work hard and at times long days. The difference about Move is focus and commitment of the team and what we deliver to our customers and consumers. We're encouraged to DREAM BIG and make it happen!

We have a voice and the invitation to share it, strong leaders, great co-workers, and a CEO who's in the office with an open door.

Cons

Need more PR/Comms share of employee successes to further highlight our culture and the great teams we've built!

n/a

79 Other Employee Reviews for Move (View Most Recent)

It's amateur hour at a bottom tier real estate tech company

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One positive was the group that I worked with, met some people who have become great friends. Occasionally good spiff opportunities.

Cons

The manager that was overseeing one of the sales team in Scottsdale was one of the worst managers I've ever come across in a professional sales environment. Very insecure, lacked basic social and people skills, and struggled selling the marketing solutions himself. Top performers were seen as threats instead of assets, which is unheard of in a professional sales organization. Driving revenue in an ethical fashion was given a backseat to stroking the manager's fragile ego and self esteem. Lackluster subpar employees who went to lunch with manager and caddied for him on the weekends were promoted. Constant threats and unrealistic goals.

Look at trimming some of the dead weight managers. Also, develop a culture of rewarding the best and most productive employees based on achievement. Make changes quickly because you're losing your best and brightest employees that would take your company's sales and culture to the next level.

Unorganized Mess High Turnover!!!!

I worked at Move

Pros

Nice facilities to work at. The other employees are very talented and support each other in a negative work environment.

Cons

Change budgets in the middle of the month. Poor communication. High amount of cancellations from clients which goes against your budget and paycheck. Pressure to sell products that don't benefit clients. Computer and sales systems don't communicate making sales tougher than they need to be. Management is inept and will fire top producers. Have been trying to build a sales team in scottsdale Arizona for 18 months between people quitting and being fired they still have less than 15 sales people.

If the whole team is failing maybe it's management and not the sales team. In sports they fire the coach not the players. Maybe you should hold them accountable also.

There are newer employer reviews for Move