There are newer employer reviews for Move

Growing organization, strong balance sheet, motivated workforce to win!

Current Employee - Current Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Current Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

All organizations have challenges. Leadership strength has set the bar high. Smart, enthusiastic talent was needed at all levels to move this company forward. We have strong technologists, product experts, a kick-a*$ sales org and lots of ideas and challenges to solve. Internal training and leadership development is a constant. The expectations are high and we're positioned for a big win. We work hard and at times long days. The difference about Move is focus and commitment of the team and what we deliver to our customers and consumers. We're encouraged to DREAM BIG and make it happen!

We have a voice and the invitation to share it, strong leaders, great co-workers, and a CEO who's in the office with an open door.

Cons

Need more PR/Comms share of employee successes to further highlight our culture and the great teams we've built!

n/a

74 Other Employee Reviews for Move (View Most Recent)

New management changed a great company to a poor one overnight!

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Midwest, WY
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Midwest, WY

I worked at Move full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

As far as pros the only thing that Move currently has on it's side is it's relationship with the various MLS' - if that was to go away- the company could fold overnight.

Cons

Quotas cannot be met or sustained over the long term if the organization doesn't add value to the consumer, increase quality lead flow and actually advertise. The organization was a household name at one time, and now consumers do not know who they are, or what they do. Management has poor leadership and has added non-industry specific Vice Presidents. These managers come from organizations like Oracle where everyone schemes and conspires on how to raid sales from other sales groups within the same organization. Changes in inside and outside sales now makes them rivals at the clients expense. Everyone steps over each other to make a sale and it becomes a fisticuffs to see who gets to count the revenue. All the while, EVPs and VPs sit back and let the match play out to see who will win. The management group discusses who will be left standing in their management meetings as if they are playing a game of chess at the expense of the line employee. Quotas are set high enough that only those really good at lying can make it through the long haul.

Look at your attrition and wonder why some of the top producing people would leave high dollar opportunity careers? Then ask yourself, how much did those loses really cost you in the long term?

It's amateur hour at a bottom tier real estate tech company

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One positive was the group that I worked with, met some people who have become great friends. Occasionally good spiff opportunities.

Cons

The manager that was overseeing one of the sales team in Scottsdale was one of the worst managers I've ever come across in a professional sales environment. Very insecure, lacked basic social and people skills, and struggled selling the marketing solutions himself. Top performers were seen as threats instead of assets, which is unheard of in a professional sales organization. Driving revenue in an ethical fashion was given a backseat to stroking the manager's fragile ego and self esteem. Lackluster subpar employees who went to lunch with manager and caddied for him on the weekends were promoted. Constant threats and unrealistic goals.

Look at trimming some of the dead weight managers. Also, develop a culture of rewarding the best and most productive employees based on achievement. Make changes quickly because you're losing your best and brightest employees that would take your company's sales and culture to the next level.

There are newer employer reviews for Move