Move

Amazing UED Team

Former Employee - Visual Design in Campbell, CA
Former Employee - Visual Design in Campbell, CA

I worked at Move

Pros

Get people - easy to work with, a collaborative group, peers love to bring in goodies (the best homemade cookies, cupcakes, and egg-rolls I've ever tasted), video games, team building, humorous and fun department to work in, smart & creative minds, definitely an eclectic group. There are a lot of opportunities to learn more about the real estate space with this company.

Cons

The commute from SF, constant top-down quick fixes and fires to put out parallel to the daily workflow, Ad overload, innovation and rich media design are encouraged - but rarely implemented, multiple "sign-off" levels in the approval process makes it tough for some great ideas to be launched before our competitors.

It's a tough task but, keep doing the best you can.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Move (View Most Recent)

Move has definitely regressed over the past few years...

Current Employee - Engineering in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move

Pros

Move has a very relaxed environment, and generally works on alot of cutting edge technology.

Cons

Move works across multiple offices, and as much as they advertise geographic neutrality, the better more exciting projects have been moved, or will be moved to Northern California or Vancouver. Senior management does not show much respect anymore for engineers, and does not know how to motivate. Morale is at an all time low, which is disappointing because this company was once such a great place to work.

- Work on morale, not through words, but actions. People are not stupid, they know when they're getting fed a whole bunch of bull.
    - Work on career growth. There is NO path or structure whatsoever for career growth. It is relatively arbitrary, you have to be in the right place at the right time. It is generally never experience or skill based.

Good, innovative company - improving greatly

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Move

Pros

New management team, innovation is taken really seriously. I like the direction we are going in.

Cons

Benefits are a bit sparse - but the work is good and the Real Estate business is really exciting.

Continue to let the SMEs lead the way in their areas. Communicate plans to the leaders (below C-level) a bit better.

There are newer employer reviews for Move