Amazing UED Team

Former Employee - Visual Design in Campbell, CA
Former Employee - Visual Design in Campbell, CA

I worked at Move

Pros

Get people - easy to work with, a collaborative group, peers love to bring in goodies (the best homemade cookies, cupcakes, and egg-rolls I've ever tasted), video games, team building, humorous and fun department to work in, smart & creative minds, definitely an eclectic group. There are a lot of opportunities to learn more about the real estate space with this company.

Cons

The commute from SF, constant top-down quick fixes and fires to put out parallel to the daily workflow, Ad overload, innovation and rich media design are encouraged - but rarely implemented, multiple "sign-off" levels in the approval process makes it tough for some great ideas to be launched before our competitors.

Advice to Management

It's a tough task but, keep doing the best you can.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good, innovative company - improving greatly

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Move

Pros

New management team, innovation is taken really seriously. I like the direction we are going in.

Cons

Benefits are a bit sparse - but the work is good and the Real Estate business is really exciting.

Advice to Management

Continue to let the SMEs lead the way in their areas. Communicate plans to the leaders (below C-level) a bit better.

Used to be a lot better

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move

Pros

The technical and institutional knowledge of the engineers is phenomenal. These are some of the most skilled and dedicated people I have ever worked with, and I have learned a lot during my tenure. Team cohesiveness among the Westlake Village office is fantastic.

Cons

Move's biggest problems are its inter-office politics, and the failure of executive management to rein this in, as well as the management's inability to actually implement the ideals it espouses. The result is a constant requirement to play "cover your [behind]" to make sure you cannot be blamed if project goes over schedule, as it inevitably does. Teams in other locations were also unwilling to listen to advice and/or constructive criticism, meaning that they had to invent the wheel all over again and learn the hard way. This happens repeatedly, and the executives continue to bury their heads in the sand.

Advice to Management

When you have people who have been with the company for years and years, listen to what they have to tell you, because they've been through it before and can tell you why some initiative failed or had to be scrapped. It's not because they're "old dogs" who can't learn "new tricks"; they're trying to save you development cycles. Also, practice what you preach!