Mozilla
www.mozilla.org Mountain View, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Overall okay, but lacking in effective management.

Release Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Mozilla full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat pay and many great employees who really "get" the culture. Other benefits such as free snacks and regular "cantina" parties create a great vibe.

ConsWhile in the past Mozilla has been open company-wide and eager to help its employees, its recent growth has changed the culture considerably and shed a lot of the better work force. A more closed environment has followed, one that shuns speaking up when something is wrong. A lot of "group think" exists now.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and stop firing or delegitimizing your employees, even if they have a minority opinion. Discourage "group think."

It has been one heck of an adventure

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Mozilla full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great Culture, fun, smart people to work with. Cons: Growing into a huge Corporate culture Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Awesome People, Awesome Mission.

Manager (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Mozilla full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work is demanding but fulfilling. You make a contribution… Cons: So much to do, so little time! Advice to Senior Management: Stay in touch with your minions. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Mozilla.

Worked for Mozilla? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mozilla reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mozilla CEO Chris Beard. All reviews posted anonymously by Mozilla employees.