Mozilla

www.mozilla.org

Sinking boat

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros- Relaxed atmosphere. Good place if you want to have a good work/life balance.
- Friendly coworkers and the ability to work with a passionate community
- Office locations are premium and you can work from wherever you want.
- Good benefits package

Cons- Chaos and lack of direction.
- Firefox is not a priority anymore. Firefox OS (B2G) has killed the culture. Now we are playing by the carrier's rules. If you don't work in Firefox OS expect no visibility of your work. And if you work in Firefox OS expect no understanding of what's happening and when.
- In the last year we have hired way too many corporate leaders who are trying to change how things work. Long time Mozillians are leaving and the ones who stay don't seem really happy.
- This is not the place for you if you want to innovate and launch new products. Only Firefox OS matters and we don't control the go to market.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegain control over Firefox OS. Carriers need us as much as we need them. Go back to the roots and hire Executives with open source and entrepreneurial background.

Wonderful place to work

Anonymous (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mozilla full-time

Pros: You get to work with some of the brightest people on the planet contributing to a great cause. There are plenty of opportunities to get… Cons: Sometimes things are not super organized or clear what specifically… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dynamic, unconventional web development shop.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Portland, OR

I worked at Mozilla as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Excellent coworkers. All are very skilled and proactive. There is also a… Cons: * 100% telecommuting can be tough. Be sure you realize what all… Advice to Senior Management: Try virtual Kan Ban to give more transparency to the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Mozilla.

Worked for Mozilla? Contribute to the Community!