Mr Rooter Plumbing

is it anonymous?

Current Employee - Worker
Current Employee - Worker

I have been working at Mr Rooter Plumbing

Pros

Can be satisfying work if your allowed to do your job

Cons

mangement is not capable of dealing with employees

learn to respect your employees

8 Other Employee Reviews for Mr Rooter Plumbing (View Most Recent)

Depends on your shop...

I have been working at Mr Rooter Plumbing full-time

Pros

Being that each location is franchised some owners are better then others.

Cons

Zero benefits, no management, no direction on what they want you to do.

offer employees benefits or they will leave

I knew better, but was fooled into believing they had improved and went to work for the.

I worked at Mr Rooter Plumbing

Pros

Not many except that nobody knows what they are doing and you will look like a star if you have minimal skills.

Cons

You will have to learn how to overcharge people and sell jetting, camera, and sewer repairs on every job to make money, whether needed or not. You won't be involved in the camera or sewer repairs, the "Specialist" will make all the money and laborers will dig.

You'll get paid the lowest commissions around, as low as 18 percent. Parts where I was were marked up 100 percent + $10 usually, just a slap in the face there. They added a $30 fuel charge to each invoice!

There is a code of ethics that you'll have to read at the Tuesday 6:30 am. meetings, which is a fraud and a joke because you will be unleashed on unsuspecting customers afterword's to charge the some of the highest rates around and find ways to push every drain cleaning or sewer rodding customer to do dig work. Outside cleanouts are said to be a loss at $3500 here and I heard numbers on breaking up concrete and doing re-pipes go from $15.000-20,000.

If you like being looked down on and hassled by inspectors, you'll be at home here! They hate Mr. Rooter. If you have no integrity and want to try to make a living at 18-20 percent off two call a day if your lucky,,, go for it!

We are now in a environment where business is built off reviews and referrals. Mr. Rooter needs to get out of the 80's-90's and start providing service at reasonable and honest rates. You don't have to be the lowest price around, just provide a TRUE premium service at a rate that cannot be disputed. You're reputation in the industry is the worst. And I have been in the industry for 23 years doing REAL volume service, I know what I am talking about. You need to take back the reigns from the franchisees (like Roto-Rooter did) or restructure your companies manner of operating and make them adhere to new ethical procedures.

There are newer employer reviews for Mr Rooter Plumbing