Mr. Youth

www.mryouth.com

A good experience for me, but seemed like a waste of time for my assigned account manager!

Black Berry Ambassador (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI was a DePaul University Blackberry Promotions Ambassador in Fall 2011 in Chicago, Illinois.

- Ability to practice and improve my team work, networking, event planning, and promotional skills.
- This job was an addition to my resume.

Cons- Ambassador's are required to chose their team members. I did not have a lot of options to chose from on campus. I ended up getting stuck with students whom were not committed to the job and very immature.

- My manager was not open to assisting me with job issues with my team members. It makes it difficult because it was a virtual job and I was a young student who was a bit inexperienced in management skills.

- Overall, I did not find my manager to be very friendly. She wasn't even interested in staying in contact with me professionally or the other students on the team. This showed her lack of care in our education and learning in the ambassador's program.

- My boss was very young, so professional communication skills and eagerness to teach and work with students lacked tremendously when managing me. She would always say "That's not my job", every time I asked her to help with my team's issues. We were very young, and part of this project was to learn about how to work with a team in a job environment. Her lack of involvement, and only wanting to do what her job entailed, and not wanting to go above and beyond to help was an incredible disappointment. Now that I am older, gained much more experience 2 years later, I would never work for Mr. Youth or do business with them because of my terrible experience with my manager 2 years ago as a brand ambassador.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with the associate account executives who are managing the campus ambassadors in other cities. I think it is important to make sure that students are having positive and professional experiences, transpired from the account executives that they work with.

The last thing Mr. Youth should have, is an ambassador who develops lack of confidence, or feeling they should only do their job and not go the extra mile to help others when they become account executives at agencies or employees at other companies in their chosen field.

Great experience

Student Ambassador (Former Employee) Pullman, WA

I worked at Mr. Youth as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Program manager was always nice and wanted to see success.… Cons: Needed to set up times for weekly contact more. Didn't… Advice to Senior Management: Be in better communication with bottom level employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Long hours, low pay, no appreciation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mr. Youth full-time for more than a year

Pros: On paper it's a hip and great place - barista, nice… Cons: Juniors are completely underpaid. Seniors overvalue the work they do.… Advice to Senior Management: 23 year olds aren't slaves. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mr. Youth.

Worked for Mr. Youth? Contribute to the Community!