There are newer employer reviews for Mueller Services

Dream Job

Current Employee - Field Representative in Nashua, NH
Current Employee - Field Representative in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Mueller Services

Pros

I control my own schedule; I do not have to ask for a day off, I simply arrange my workload around days I want free.
I have travel opportunities.
The compensation is fair and includes mileage.
They provide extensive paid training.

Cons

This is NOT a job for someone who works poorly independently; one is given the assignments to be completed and is required to make calls and arrange the visits needed.

I would like to see a forum that allows the field reps to share ideas, tips and experiences with others.

88 Other Employee Reviews for Mueller Services (View Most Recent)

Mueller is not concerned with accuracy or a good job-done.

Current Employee - Field Representative in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Mueller Services

Pros

You are on your on schedule and they use direct deposit.

Cons

They avoid a lot of issues as for as your expenses to do the work such as: camera, printer and paper, and phone bills. They do not account for your time spent on the phone for scheduling an appointment. They may or may not provide you with clients phone number. They also may provide you with 3 phone numbers and requiring 3 attempts on each number which would be 9 calls/messages at your time and cost. The managers act as if you should be able to do five hours of research, drive time, inspection, and fill out website-report within a hour and a half. The high-value reports are unbelievable detailed with items such as linear footage of base, crown and chair-rail molding, window types, door types, carpets, tiles, all appliances, cones, cupolas, wall types, alarm systems, and on and on with very little web-site assistance. According to the managers you should be able to turn the finished report in within 3 hrs. Over and over again, they reply back to you saying that too much time was spent on the case - never a compliment about accuracy or job well done. "We can not make a profit when so much time is spent on a case". Never once did they thank me for busting my ass on cases and accepting on the average of $175 / wk.

People are not born with 50 years of experience. Quit treating honest hard working people with the "Amazon Attitude" of if you don't provide us with our own required rating system then we'll have to let you go and hire another because they are in-line for your job. Your website assistance is terrible- for instance- if you want to indicate what a transom window is, instead of writing a long paragraph, just show a picture.

Not a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Field Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mueller Services

Pros

There are only a couple of good reasons to work for Mueller Services. 1.The promise of a weekly pay check, if you can get your reports in before Sunday of each week. 2. Paid online training for a week or two prior to starting the job.

Cons

Insufficient training to become successful. All info is online. No shadowing available to demonstrate best practices. Pay per report is insufficient for what is required to complete them. No pay for time spent on phones. No pay for phone and internet costs, pc wear and tear, paper, ink cartridges, printer wear and tear. Camera cost is also employee responsibility. Close to 30 calls required per week with an average of 3 long distance calls, not counting follow-ups. Outages of servers and online form changes are not announced, which can cost FR more time and money.
    One manager per 100 field reps.

Stop revolving people in and out of your door and start putting some quality training and processes in place. In the long run it will save you time and money.

There are newer employer reviews for Mueller Services