MultiCare Health System

www.multicare.org

A good start to your career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tacoma, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Pros

Great people, fulfilling work. Quick feedback on performance.

Cons

Pay was lower than other opportunities.

Better correlation between management. I had difficulty discerning what I was supposed to do when multiple supervisors had different priorities.

Other reviews for MultiCare Health System

MultiCare Health System is a good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Pros

As the largest employer in Pierce County, MultiCare offers multiple opportunities for those interested in health care. The senior leadership is committed to growth and makes efforts to communicate with those in upper management. The benefits remain quite good, especially in a time when so many employers are cutting them.

Cons

For those like me who do not possess degrees in health care, even though I possess the education, qualities and abilities to excel at my job, my compensation is lower than if I possessed, say, a degree in nursing, for example. Like most major hospital-based systems, the departments generating the most revenue receive the most rewards; thus, smaller departments, even though increasing their revenue stream and making a positive contribution to the system, receive little recognition for bottom line improvement.

Rather than recognizing departmental contribution by dollar amount, look for ways to measure by percentage improvement. For example, even though a smaller department might only contribute $2M to the overall system revenue, that $2M might represent a 50% increase from the previous year!

Mixed reviews

Current Employee - IS Educator  in  Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - IS Educator in Tacoma, WA

Pros

As large healthcare facility, it provides health services for the south sound area. It is also very financially sound.

Cons

There is a lot of deferred maintenance throughout the hospital system, include rodent infestations at Mary Bridge and Tacoma General.

Clean up the place!

There are newer employer reviews for MultiCare Health System.

Worked for MultiCare Health System? Contribute to the Community!