There are newer employer reviews for MultiCare Health System

Toxic Environment

Current Employee - Multicare Health Systems  in  Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Multicare Health Systems in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff were consistently inconsistent. They did the best that they could but did not have the tools nor the initiative to do so.

Cons

Leadership was fantastic when the cameras were on, but awful and toxic and downright mean when not. Patients were not as well taken care of, not by the staff nurses, but by the management setting the "rules". Too much was expected by too few people and most of the few were entrenched and not encouraged or wanted to do what was the right thing for patients. Too much thinking about Rules and the Finances that patient care for sure took a back seat.

Do want you say -- if you can actually achieve that, then this will be a great place.

MultiCare Health System Response

Sep 2, 2014Talent Acquisition Strategist

Given the many changes in healthcare, financial stewardship is more important than ever. But, it should never take priority over quality patient care. It’s disappointing to hear that your personal ... More

49 Other Employee Reviews for MultiCare Health System (View Most Recent)

Very "corporate" and sometimes disorganized... but the people make it great.

I worked at MultiCare Health System as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Loved my coworkers, projects were challenging, pay was good, and everyone put patients first regardless of their level of interaction with them. Staff in my department (marketing) always tried to acknowledge high achievers and innovators.

Cons

Sometimes the bureaucracy got in the way. Some of my hiring paperwork got mixed up and kept me from getting paid for weeks--and as an independent contractor, that's a big problem.

Don't ignore the needs of temporary and contract employees!

Minimizing workforce can mean being over-worked or laid-off

Former Employee - Social Work  in  Puyallup, WA
    Former Employee - Social Work in Puyallup, WA

I worked at MultiCare Health System part-time for more than a year

Pros

I had great co-workers. My supervisor trusted my professionalism and did not micro-manage me. As a part-time employee I appreciated the pay-in-lue of benefits.

Cons

Cash flow is their bottom line. If your position doesn't produce you will be on their chopping block sooner or later. Work atmosphere depends on which department you are in.

See the important things... other than red and black.

There are newer employer reviews for MultiCare Health System

Worked for MultiCare Health System? Contribute to the Community!