Toxic Environment

Current Employee - Multicare Health Systems in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Multicare Health Systems in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff were consistently inconsistent. They did the best that they could but did not have the tools nor the initiative to do so.

Cons

Leadership was fantastic when the cameras were on, but awful and toxic and downright mean when not. Patients were not as well taken care of, not by the staff nurses, but by the management setting the "rules". Too much was expected by too few people and most of the few were entrenched and not encouraged or wanted to do what was the right thing for patients. Too much thinking about Rules and the Finances that patient care for sure took a back seat.

Advice to Management

Do want you say -- if you can actually achieve that, then this will be a great place.

MultiCare Health System Response

Sep 2, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Strategist

Given the many changes in healthcare, financial stewardship is more important than ever. But, it should never take priority over quality patient care. It’s disappointing to hear that your personal ... More

Other Employee Reviews for MultiCare Health System

1. Cliques and $$$ driven. Hard workers overlooked, horrible training huge patient panels.

Pros

Some managers are wonderful, great nurses.

Cons

Very money focused and not patient care focused try to constantly increase work load and find ways so patients can only use their facilities. Waste money on massive marketing and talk horribly about and try to put out other companies out. Very snobbish but all talk. They are in business to make money. Not really an real "non profit" Some clinic managers have medical experience and some don't. Some don't know the difference between a nurse and an MA. They have MA's training Nurses!

Advice to Management

Be more family focused and listen to your employees. Have medically trained clinic management only.

MultiCare Health System Response

Sep 2, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Strategist

We view financial stewardship and quality care as inter-dependent goals. Recent changes in our industry have made it more important than ever to manage expenses so we can continue to improve the ... More

Minimizing workforce can mean being over-worked or laid-off

Former Employee - Social Work in Puyallup, WA
    Former Employee - Social Work in Puyallup, WA

I worked at MultiCare Health System part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had great co-workers. My supervisor trusted my professionalism and did not micro-manage me. As a part-time employee I appreciated the pay-in-lue of benefits.

Cons

Cash flow is their bottom line. If your position doesn't produce you will be on their chopping block sooner or later. Work atmosphere depends on which department you are in.

Advice to Management

See the important things... other than red and black.