There are newer employer reviews for Multiband

Good experience, poor compensation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fargo, ND
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

I worked at Multiband full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Was able to acquire many transferable skill very quickly.

Cons

Poor benefits and 401k program.
Executive team expressed very little concern for employee's well being in a consistent manner.
Lack of any salary increase in over 5 year of employment.
Nepotism and favoritism on the senior management level.
Many broken promises during my time here--there was talk of raises and reviews and a better working environment, but they never got around to it before selling the department I worked in to another company.

I'm not going to wast my breath here.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Multiband (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed the work, but the piece rate pay made it difficult to make good $$$$

Former Employee - Satellite Installer  in  Elsmere, KY
    Former Employee - Satellite Installer in Elsmere, KY

I worked at Multiband full-time for less than a year

Pros

They give you several weeks of classroom training, put you with an experienced installer, and provided a vehicle after only a month doing solo installations. You worked on you own without supervision. Outdoors a lot. I would have stayed had I not been offered a job with a more stable schedule.

Cons

When using personal vehicle, reimbursement did not cover vehicle expense. The way the pay scale was set up, you had to almost do sloppy work to hurry and get to the next job. Worked every weekend, holidays meant nothing but another day.

I wasn't there long enough to give a lot of advise. I didn't like all the profanity that was used during the weekly meetings.

Huge Turn Over Rate, Low Pay for Warehouse Employees, Benefits Questionable, Poorly Managed

Former Employee - Inventory Administration  in  Orange, TX
    Former Employee - Inventory Administration in Orange, TX

I worked at Multiband full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discounted Directv
    Good scheduled hours for warehouse employees (M-F, 6:00am - 3:00pm)
    Frequent overtime
    Good people (the corporate culture stinks, the people overall were decent)
    Freedom to innovate
    Utilized my efforts to increase efficiency, productivity

Cons

End of Month Inventory - 18 hour day for warehouse employees
    Extremely hot or cold and dusty working conditions
    Low pay and not likely to get a raise
    Benefits are not what they seem to be. (Dental, eyeglass insurance is a discount plan)
    Constant employee turnover requires work checking in inventory you checked out last week.
    Techs required to pay for up to 500.00 damages in attics, water lines, gas lines, sheet-rock
    Management slow to fill vacant positions.
    Management turnover creates instability. (worked two years for four General Managers, two Trainers, numerous supervisors)
    Managers often self absorbed autocrats with personality disorders.
    Very little support from regional HR. Local HR is helpful but has limited authority.
    Arrogance among corporate bigwigs.
    Cronyism and nepotism among CEO's family and friends
    Inequity among employee incentives. Techs treated far better than all other employees.
    No recognition for exceeding expectations or simply doing a good job unless you are a tech.
    Employees have no one to represent them, as much as I hate unions, these guys could use one.

First day on the job, I was told that from this day forward my wife and my children would no longer be my first priority, I was told, from this day forward the Manager gets first place in my life. What kind of insanity is this? In the end I could not justify the effort I put into the job for the pay I was receiving. I liked the job not the pay. To the company I would suggest that you pay your employees a wage that will allow them to feed their families.

There are newer employer reviews for Multiband

Worked for Multiband? Contribute to the Community!