good, but not great

Current Employee - Actuarial
Current Employee - Actuarial

I have been working at Munich American

Pros

learned a lot, great learning opportunity here. learned a lot with sql, and ms computer skills which is essential really

Cons

the internship would be extened to a full time position at this brand. which is a pity since i worked hard here

Other Reviews for Munich American

I loved the collaborative and helpful environment.

Former Employee - Actuarial Intern  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Actuarial Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Munich American as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-Highly collaborative culture
    -Coworkers very helpful in training. I felt that I could ask anyone at any level, except the C-suite executives, for help when I needed it.
    -Everyone seemed to have a good grasp of their work
    -Push employee development and advancement

Cons

-Environment did not seem to push Actuarial Exam progress
    -Seemed more concerned with short-term goals than long-term goals, but are transitioning to be more long-term focused.

Keep working towards prioritizing long-term goals.

Good employer with friendly environment

Former Employee - IT Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Munich American as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent work/life balance for most jobs. Very friendly, considerate employees. Senior management generally listens well and makes a solid effort. Some senior executives (often with low-key titles such as Director) are exceptionally caring and considerate. Employees who go above and beyond receive open recognition. Good benefits.

Cons

Office politics can sometimes be thick with spefici individual managers. Some department heads (specifically those with over-glorified VP and AVP titles) tend to be overly full of themselves and occasionally confrontational. Some departments have a revolving door. Pay could be better

Senior Management (EVP and CEO) are excellent, caring, considerate people. They can be hard when they need to be, but will listen. They do need to push some of the otherwise capable department heads to be more human with their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Munich American.

Worked for Munich American? Contribute to the Community!