Murphy Oil

www.murphyoilcorp.com
  www.murphyoilcorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil

Not what it was years ago when I started.

Current Employee - District Manager
Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Good benefit packages. Work enviornment is always changing. The people I work with on my level and below are great people who care about their jobs.

Cons

Upper Management doesn't understand the amount of work they put on their employees. Work/Home life balance is non existant. The pay is not competitive with other companies in the same area.

Listen to the employees in the field. You place more work on the field than necessary sometimes. I think that if we felt comfortable with coming forward with issues then it may be better. People are fired when they speak up about issues.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Murphy Oil (View Most Recent)

Dm doesn't know the job and won't help

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Fast paced work environment.Freedom to help build your business the sky is the limit if you are willing to work 12 hours or more a day.

Cons

There is not time enough in the day to get everything done.The core values only pertain sometimes when it is convenient.Pay is minimal.By the time you pick up the shifts from your staff when they call off because there is no overtime aloud,paint your site,do the mulching and trimming,maintenance on all the pumps and still run the register for 35 hours a week you are well over the 45 hours you were told that was required.If you have a dm that wants to make bonus you will be underpaid.

Help your stores,spend more time with them,teach them,value them and let them know it instead of barking orders.

ok

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

circle of stars,manager meeting in Orlando

Cons

money, senior management, space, support from home office to the field

dont micro manage