There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil

I like the job itself, and the customers, but i dont feel i will grow with the company.

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

My daily customers are amazing for the most past.
My Manager is pretty good at giving me off the days I need off.
I got 2 raises in the first 90 days.
I like working alone, not having somebody stand over me at all times.

Cons

I make 8.50, it is not at all comparable to the pay at similar jobs in my area.
No over time ever available, my manager does not utilize the store hours allotted by upper management for the weekly schedule. When there was still 12.25 hours available to used towards the store schedule, he just gave me 29 hours, and when another store needed my help because they are short handed, i was unable to accept all the hours they needed me for because it would have put me in over time.

Honestly, i was reading over others reviews and they say that the benefits are great, i guess thats for the people who are making more than 8.50 a hour and only 29 hours a week. The insurance is not worth what they cost, and those of us who are not upper level can not afford them. Also, some employee perks would be nice, bonuses are a great idea.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Murphy Oil (View Most Recent)

Very unhappy with training as there is none it's learn it on your own.

Current Employee - Assistant
    Current Employee - Assistant

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Can get off days easier than other jobs.

Cons

There is no structure to the training. After the videos your on your own to pick it up as you see it done. No enhancement or real guidance. I am treated like I'm stupid and am well educated. Pressured to rush customers along when it is impossible to serve them any faster due to volumn with only one register.

Look into your upper management. Don't give so much incentive for management to cheat us out of a fulltime schedule and enough hours to feed our families.

Not what it was years ago when I started.

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Good benefit packages. Work enviornment is always changing. The people I work with on my level and below are great people who care about their jobs.

Cons

Upper Management doesn't understand the amount of work they put on their employees. Work/Home life balance is non existant. The pay is not competitive with other companies in the same area.

Listen to the employees in the field. You place more work on the field than necessary sometimes. I think that if we felt comfortable with coming forward with issues then it may be better. People are fired when they speak up about issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil

Worked for Murphy Oil? Contribute to the Community!