There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil

Very unhappy with training as there is none it's learn it on your own.

Current Employee - Assistant
Current Employee - Assistant

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Can get off days easier than other jobs.

Cons

There is no structure to the training. After the videos your on your own to pick it up as you see it done. No enhancement or real guidance. I am treated like I'm stupid and am well educated. Pressured to rush customers along when it is impossible to serve them any faster due to volumn with only one register.

Advice to Management

Look into your upper management. Don't give so much incentive for management to cheat us out of a fulltime schedule and enough hours to feed our families.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not what it was years ago when I started.

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Good benefit packages. Work enviornment is always changing. The people I work with on my level and below are great people who care about their jobs.

Cons

Upper Management doesn't understand the amount of work they put on their employees. Work/Home life balance is non existant. The pay is not competitive with other companies in the same area.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees in the field. You place more work on the field than necessary sometimes. I think that if we felt comfortable with coming forward with issues then it may be better. People are fired when they speak up about issues.

2. Dm doesn't know the job and won't help

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Fast paced work environment.Freedom to help build your business the sky is the limit if you are willing to work 12 hours or more a day.

Cons

There is not time enough in the day to get everything done.The core values only pertain sometimes when it is convenient.Pay is minimal.By the time you pick up the shifts from your staff when they call off because there is no overtime aloud,paint your site,do the mulching and trimming,maintenance on all the pumps and still run the register for 35 hours a week you are well over the 45 hours you were told that was required.If you have a dm that wants to make bonus you will be underpaid.

Advice to Management

Help your stores,spend more time with them,teach them,value them and let them know it instead of barking orders.