Just Not Good

Former Employee - District Manager
Former Employee - District Manager

Pros

Salary and benefits were okay. Once a year the company had a store manager meeting in Orlando, FL and recognized accomplishments.

Cons

This company is living in the 70's. Employees are expendable. Turnover is very high. Turnover is part of the commission program but rarely discussed. The company goes through great lengths to retain customers but does not show its employees the same respect. The review process is horrible.

Advice to Management

They need to create an "Exit Interview" program and dive into their turnover issue. Understand what the word "respect" means.

Other Employee Reviews for Murphy Oil

1. I like the job itself, and the customers, but i dont feel i will grow with the company.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

Pros

My daily customers are amazing for the most past. My Manager is pretty good at giving me off the days I need off. I got 2 raises in the first 90 days. I like working alone, not having somebody stand over me at all times.

Cons

I make 8.50, it is not at all comparable to the pay at similar jobs in my area. No over time ever available, my manager does not utilize the store hours allotted by upper management for the weekly schedule. When there was still 12.25 hours available to used towards the store schedule, he just gave me 29 hours, and when another store needed my help because they are short handed, i was unable to accept all the hours they needed me for because it would have put me in over time.

Advice to Management

Honestly, i was reading over others reviews and they say that the benefits are great, i guess thats for the people who are making more than 8.50 a hour and only 29 hours a week. The insurance is not worth what they cost, and those of us who are not upper level can not afford them. Also, some employee perks would be nice, bonuses are a great idea.

2. Very unhappy with training as there is none it's learn it on your own.

Current Employee - Assistant
    Current Employee - Assistant

Pros

Can get off days easier than other jobs.

Cons

There is no structure to the training. After the videos your on your own to pick it up as you see it done. No enhancement or real guidance. I am treated like I'm stupid and am well educated. Pressured to rush customers along when it is impossible to serve them any faster due to volumn with only one register.

Advice to Management

Look into your upper management. Don't give so much incentive for management to cheat us out of a fulltime schedule and enough hours to feed our families.