Accumulate significant amount of experience within short span of time in Murphy 's busiest operations.

Current Employee - Senior Drilling Engineer  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Current Employee - Senior Drilling Engineer in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

dynamic work places.
information is shared across the board.
employees are reward accordingly.
decision is made rather quickly and easy to reach the senior management.

Cons

Well sequence and priority is changing rapidly.
company has contracted too many consultants as their core work forces in drilling and completion operation who care less about training up the permanent employee.

retain and reward the individual who perform well. should stay a notch above the industry average in the compensation and rewards.

Other Reviews for Murphy Oil

Just Not Good

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Murphy Oil

Pros

Salary and benefits were okay. Once a year the company had a store manager meeting in Orlando, FL and recognized accomplishments.

Cons

This company is living in the 70's. Employees are expendable. Turnover is very high. Turnover is part of the commission program but rarely discussed. The company goes through great lengths to retain customers but does not show its employees the same respect. The review process is horrible.

They need to create an "Exit Interview" program and dive into their turnover issue. Understand what the word "respect" means.

I like the job itself, and the customers, but i dont feel i will grow with the company.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

My daily customers are amazing for the most past.
    My Manager is pretty good at giving me off the days I need off.
    I got 2 raises in the first 90 days.
    I like working alone, not having somebody stand over me at all times.

Cons

I make 8.50, it is not at all comparable to the pay at similar jobs in my area.
    No over time ever available, my manager does not utilize the store hours allotted by upper management for the weekly schedule. When there was still 12.25 hours available to used towards the store schedule, he just gave me 29 hours, and when another store needed my help because they are short handed, i was unable to accept all the hours they needed me for because it would have put me in over time.

Honestly, i was reading over others reviews and they say that the benefits are great, i guess thats for the people who are making more than 8.50 a hour and only 29 hours a week. The insurance is not worth what they cost, and those of us who are not upper level can not afford them. Also, some employee perks would be nice, bonuses are a great idea.

There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil.

Worked for Murphy Oil? Contribute to the Community!