Murphy Oil

www.murphyoilcorp.com

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Springfield, TN
Former Employee - Cashier in Springfield, TN

Pros

Decent pay, paid vacation after one year, easy job, not many co workers, good hours are there for the ones who want them

Cons

long lines, lots of customers, small working space, people like to be sneaky and steal things, have to always be looking for drive offs

Other reviews for Murphy Oil

Very Frustrating Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Dorado, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, AR

Pros

The salary is good, benefits "look good" on paper

Cons

No common sense, idiotic rules, no opportunities for advancement

Of all the places I have worked, Murphy Oil is the most frustrating. I detect no common sense in the managers of this company. I have tried to suggest some things that will be of great help to everyone, but it was nothing more than an exercise in futility. I was basically told that there will be absolutely no change in the way things are done regardless of how beneficial it would be. It is run like a communist country. Employees should just keep their heads down and keeps their mouths shut. Just fill a seat for "X" amount of hours per day and that's it. There is no sense of contributing to the success of the company. Employees are just tools to be used and abused.

The salary and some of the benefits are good, because they know it is very difficult to attract good people to southern AR. But, trying to take the allotted vacation time is frustrating as well. Why do they offer so many weeks when they frown on you when you actually try to use any of them? This company proves that money should never be the sole factor in considering whether to take a job. I let that happen to me and now I am stuck here and can't escape....

I would not work there again for any reason.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Dalton, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Dalton, GA

Pros

THERE WERE ABSOLUTELY NO PROS.

Cons

They treat their people horrible. They don't care about anything but their bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil.

Worked for Murphy Oil? Contribute to the Community!