Murphy Oil

www.murphyoilcorp.com

Ok company to grow your legs, tough place to stay long term

District Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExtremely fast growing company. Good place to grow your legs in management in terms of position and responsibility. Decent salary, pretty good benefits, company laptop/cellphone in majority of mid-level positions. Salaries for those not in mid-level management (ie managers) are not that good in comparison to others in industry when you calculate the work load that our managers have.

ConsTerrible work-life balance. No clear ruebric given for promotions. Only one location for retail division (El Dorado, AR), which is a tough sell. Company operates very thin on everything labor to overall budgeting. High expectations/work loads, but limited resources to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance is crucial and it does in most circumstane takes money to make money. Can't be cheap with your most critical people - front line employees. Need work on salaries or expand labor to offer better assistance to getting job done.

Know who you are working with and for.

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Murphy Oil

Pros: They are flexible with my schedule between school and my other job. Some of the customers are great people. Depending on whom you are working… Cons: Management can care less about you, District and Store Manager; you will never meet the Division Manager rarely see the DM. The SM will lie… Advice to Senior Management: Run the register for a week, get to know the area and the customers that visit your store, and appreciate the cashiers who do all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Hell

District Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Murphy Oil

Pros: Top salaries in the industry and great benefits. The guys… Cons: Those guys at the very top have no idea what really goes on in the field. If you go to work as a DM you… Advice to Senior Management: Get some Zone Managers that care about their people and that realize the goal should not be a competition of how many stores you can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Murphy Oil.

Worked for Murphy Oil? Contribute to the Community!