Murphy Oil

www.murphyoilcorp.com
  www.murphyoilcorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil

Started off good then ended bad

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Murphy Oil

Pros

The hours were good especially when payroll is cut due to the season. The fact that we aren't open all night.

Cons

Changing signs when it's -10 outside. Cameras not working. Then taking away the bigger outside coolers. Store manager needs to order more.

District and store managers needs to stop calling their employees liars about everything. Stop faking terminations just to suite you. Then when presented with the correct information they say your the liar. Upper management needs to look at their stores and make sure the store manger is actually ordering everything they need and working the hours they're supposed to not when they feel like it then take sick pay to cover payroll.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Murphy Oil (View Most Recent)

HELL IN A BOX!!!

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Some benefits, some people are great to work with, and for now you don't have to pay for drive offs.

Cons

As a cashier you are required to do way more work than a cashier should. If you are promised promotions it never happens. You work 8 to 12 hour shifts and never get even a 15 minute break, not even to use the restroom. This should be illegal!!! You are told if you want to use the bathroom, lock the door and go but hope nobody steals anything and you don't have a drive off while your gone. When you get back all the customers are rude and throwing their money at you and not telling you what pump they are at. The District Manager just looks at you as a number not a person. We had a ice storm this year and she expect us to make it there on time although the weather channel and the local police station said it is not safe for anyone to be on the road for a few hours. When accounting comes in they never look at their calculator they just type and say that we are missing items and or store gets a bad score and when we do inventory the next day its all there but the score sticks. You are required to upsell even if the people scream at you because they don't want it.

All employees should recieve a 15 minute break at least twice a day. All district managers should be required to work at each of their stores once a month on a friday or a saturday night for a full shift by themselves. so they can see how it really is. Employees should receive higher pay if they are required to do more work than a cashier is entitled to.

Enjoyed my time and definitely glad I am gone.

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Murphy Oil

Pros

Good pay, company car. great fellow DM's

Cons

NO balance in life. 24/7 responsibility. Constant email and phone calls. Labor budget too tight to be able to serve the customers the way they should be served. Biggest problem is that the company is cutting most of their 45+ year-old DM's. This is so they can hire younger people for less dollars.

People need a balanced life. Cutting your older DM's could cost the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil