There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil

Like the job, but management is very poor.

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

The customers! Really like my co workers, but the customers are what keeps me going back! The pay is decent and the hours are not bad!

Cons

Yet again, the customers! Seems like whenever one of them is having a bad day they take it out on whoever is closest. Right now our station is being very mis- managed. If the manager would get her act together it would be a great place to work.

When there is a "target" item the mgr. need to make sure that the item is in stock! We run out of stuff every week, and I'm not talking about little things.We should always have the major brands of cigarettes in stock, same with smokeless. Those are our two big sell items!

80 Other Employee Reviews for Murphy Oil (View Most Recent)

I love my Job!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Its a great place to work if you like working with the public and if you have a competitive spirit.

Cons

The insurance is crappy and there are times that I think that if the senior management had to come out and actually work for one week at our level there would be some changes in how things are done.

come work at store level for one week

I love my job.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

pay rate for this type of work, has good potential for the working environment, I work with some great co-workers we work as a team

Cons

fairness to all employees, in this job there is a lot of cleaning and stocking so on busy days I think there should be double employee coverage to make the store look its best

I think our higher management should investigate how their store managers run their stores as far as employee work schedules and the store manager's work schedule when corporate sets their schedule but they are not following procedure instead of letting the assistants and cashiers do the managers job

There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil

Worked for Murphy Oil? Contribute to the Community!