There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil

I'm an honest person with a dishonest Company.

Current Employee - District Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - District Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Up front, all is painted with rose colored glasses. Over time, a very short time, one asks where all the color went. Salary and insurance are good, however, comes with a tremendous personal price.

Cons

There is no balance between business and personal time.
Division Manager is abusive. He was removed once for this behavior, however, it seems that those in Home Office want or totally ignore what he is doing.
The XO of 3 years now and his inner circle of followers have and continue to destroy moral. It is not completely gone, however, is certainly circulating the drain.
No free thought allowed. It's do as I say or hit the road. I feel useless!!!
The people in Home Office do not realize they are their own worst enemy.
Most all long term, 8+ year people, who really built this company, have been either terminated for the smallest of reasons or if nothing was there, their position was eliminated and the offer they were made to continue was knowingly set up to be declined or to force their resignation. There are very, very few seasoned people left. I guess JG thinks they are a threat??
This Company will use one up, then toss one aside like garbage. I am looking as I am a 9 year person and the heat has been turned in my direction.

Advice to Management

Hopefully the NEW president will see the damage that has been done, trust no-one in Home Office for advice as they are the problem and if possible make right, very wrong decisions. He needs to clean up the kitchen, so to speak.

reviews filtered by
  1. Exciting and exhausting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, TX

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

The interaction with the public. Working at one of the kiosks, everyday it is something different., The contest we are engaged with all other stores is always fun to do. Seeing upper management getting involved is always interesting. It lets us know we all are working for the same goal.

Cons

Not getting recognized for accomplishments achieved. Favortism out in the field,

2. Very fun enviroment and alot of room to grow in the business.

Current Employee - Cashier in DeRidder, LA
    Current Employee - Cashier in DeRidder, LA

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Murphy Oil has all sorts of offers for its employee's. The insurance is good. They have stock purchase plans and 401k plans also to help you if you decide to go back to school. The people they have choose to work for them are all very friendly.

Cons

There is realy only one thing i can think of and that would be dealing with an angry customer,other than that nothing.

Advice to Management

You guys do it all. just know people appreciate the things you do and your cashiers enjoy learning the things you've tought them.