Murphy Oil

www.murphyoilcorp.com

I'm an honest person with a dishonest Company.

District Manager (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsUp front, all is painted with rose colored glasses. Over time, a very short time, one asks where all the color went. Salary and insurance are good, however, comes with a tremendous personal price.

ConsThere is no balance between business and personal time.
Division Manager is abusive. He was removed once for this behavior, however, it seems that those in Home Office want or totally ignore what he is doing.
The XO of 3 years now and his inner circle of followers have and continue to destroy moral. It is not completely gone, however, is certainly circulating the drain.
No free thought allowed. It's do as I say or hit the road. I feel useless!!!
The people in Home Office do not realize they are their own worst enemy.
Most all long term, 8+ year people, who really built this company, have been either terminated for the smallest of reasons or if nothing was there, their position was eliminated and the offer they were made to continue was knowingly set up to be declined or to force their resignation. There are very, very few seasoned people left. I guess JG thinks they are a threat??
This Company will use one up, then toss one aside like garbage. I am looking as I am a 9 year person and the heat has been turned in my direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementHopefully the NEW president will see the damage that has been done, trust no-one in Home Office for advice as they are the problem and if possible make right, very wrong decisions. He needs to clean up the kitchen, so to speak.

Exciting and exhausting

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jacksonville, TX

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros: The interaction with the public. Working at one of the kiosks, everyday it is something different., The contest we are engaged with… Cons: Not getting recognized for accomplishments achieved. Favortism … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very fun enviroment and alot of room to grow in the business.

Cashier (Current Employee) DeRidder, LA

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros: Murphy Oil has all sorts of offers for its employee's. The insurance is good. They have stock purchase plans and 401k plans also… Cons: There is realy only one thing i can think of and… Advice to Senior Management: You guys do it all. just know people appreciate the things… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Murphy Oil.

Worked for Murphy Oil? Contribute to the Community!