What was I thinking

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Murphy Oil

Pros

You get paid and you get uniforms

Cons

You cover for illness cant give time to other workers
No hours for employees
It's like Aldi's
Endless inventory counts

If you have to count every cigarette every night, that means the company can't or won't trust it's Management

Other Reviews for Murphy Oil

Great Benefits, good chance for a lifetime career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Dorado, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, AR

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

Great benefits, especially retirement. Upward mobility is available for those willing to work. Compassionate company when personal issues occur. Has an employee funded foundation to receive grants when disasters occur. Company matches charitable donations up to $12,500 per employee per year. If you live in El Dorado the company funds "The El Dorado Promise", which is a fund of $50 million that pays all students graduating from El Dorado Public School scholarship assistance to go to higher education at an accredited school.

Cons

Balance between work and non-work activity. Dealing with the public (at the gas stations). Long hours. Silo activities within different groups.

Strategic planning needs to be a process that is fully embraced, both at upper and middle management levels, new activities need to be vetted properly to ensure that the overall goals of the organization are promoted and accomplished.

Exciting and exhausting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, TX

I have been working at Murphy Oil

Pros

The interaction with the public. Working at one of the kiosks, everyday it is something different., The contest we are engaged with all other stores is always fun to do. Seeing upper management getting involved is always interesting. It lets us know we all are working for the same goal.

Cons

Not getting recognized for accomplishments achieved. Favortism out in the field,

There are newer employer reviews for Murphy Oil.

Worked for Murphy Oil? Contribute to the Community!