Murphy USA

www.murphyusa.com

Can be excited and some days just plain WTF!

Store Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSalary, Commission, forming relationships with your customers. Meeting new and exciting people all the time. I also want to say I was reading a review I wanted to comment on so I decided I'd get my word out. I started with Murphy 3 years ago as a pt time cashier , within a year I was an assistant then a year later Store Manager. I know the shift duties at night can be accomplished because I've done them and to this day I still do them . Some nights are harder than others due to volume but overall the basics of the shift duties are achievable. Overall its a good job but once you've reached Store Manager position you start to wonder if this where you want to be placed and for how long.

ConsAll of the above is great when you have coverage and low turnover rate. It is hard to keep store staffed. Being penalized for turnover on commission. The mystery shop program needs to be re defined again. The fact that COS is sometimes fun and sometimes its the division managers who hound the DMs and therefore we get the vibe that our company should be called COS not Murphy USA. The stress at times can be overwhelming and time with family shortened.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to have a job fair and training center for assistant managers besides the ASMP. The responsibilities of our jobs limit time for extensive training that our assistants should have since they are fully responsible for our time off. More labor hours and more room to breathe in general.

Very fast paced, always changing enviroment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Murphy USA

Pros: Good for a part time job. Cons: hours fluctuate, very hard to mive up and very stressful. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stay away from Murphy USA in Summerfield, FL

Cashier (Former Employee) Summerfield, FL

I worked at Murphy USA part-time for less than a year

Pros: I can't think of any pros except the fact that I got to… Cons: Where to begin... First off, you get two days of training and then your off on your own. Literally you are by yourself. There is… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more people! At least two people should be on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Murphy USA.

Worked for Murphy USA? Contribute to the Community!