There are newer employer reviews for Murphy USA

Can be excited and some days just plain WTF!

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Murphy USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, Commission, forming relationships with your customers. Meeting new and exciting people all the time. I also want to say I was reading a review I wanted to comment on so I decided I'd get my word out. I started with Murphy 3 years ago as a pt time cashier , within a year I was an assistant then a year later Store Manager. I know the shift duties at night can be accomplished because I've done them and to this day I still do them . Some nights are harder than others due to volume but overall the basics of the shift duties are achievable. Overall its a good job but once you've reached Store Manager position you start to wonder if this where you want to be placed and for how long.

Cons

All of the above is great when you have coverage and low turnover rate. It is hard to keep store staffed. Being penalized for turnover on commission. The mystery shop program needs to be re defined again. The fact that COS is sometimes fun and sometimes its the division managers who hound the DMs and therefore we get the vibe that our company should be called COS not Murphy USA. The stress at times can be overwhelming and time with family shortened.

We need to have a job fair and training center for assistant managers besides the ASMP. The responsibilities of our jobs limit time for extensive training that our assistants should have since they are fully responsible for our time off. More labor hours and more room to breathe in general.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Murphy USA (View Most Recent)

Fun and Stressful being a store manager for this company.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Murphy USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great POS System and Communication.

Cons

Focus on Sales Competitions is too harse

I understand that Competitions are a big selling point in the company but dont make the stores that dont do to well feel as if they were never trying.

Very fast paced, always changing enviroment

I worked at Murphy USA

Pros

Good for a part time job.

Cons

hours fluctuate, very hard to mive up and very stressful.

There are newer employer reviews for Murphy USA

Worked for Murphy USA? Contribute to the Community!