Cashier

Former Employee - Cashier in Fultondale, AL
Former Employee - Cashier in Fultondale, AL

I worked at Murphy USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment itself is positive, you're always busy, and have plenty to do while working your shift.

Cons

some of the challenges while working at Murphy are bitter customers that aggravates you but you have to stand strong and remain positive as if nothing is wrong and know how to handle rude customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Murphy USA

Professional and Fun Home Office Environment

Former Employee - Analyst in El Dorado, AR
    Former Employee - Analyst in El Dorado, AR

I worked at Murphy USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone I worked with knew and cared about the high end goals of the company. I was exposed daily to humble upper management that valued all employees' input. I always had the feeling that my direct supervisor had a vested interest in my growth in the company.

Cons

Structural changes and misunderstandings of policies/practices made it hard to work closely with other departments (non-Human Resources) at times. Human Resources was stereotypically cast as the "bad guy" in many situations. This made it more difficult to complete projects/tasks.

Very racist company that have black people working in the support center and none in exec or leadership - And Im white!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, AR

I have been working at Murphy USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you enjoy sleeping with other peoples husbands, pastors, watching managers cheat on their wives at the national managers meeting; then this is the perfect place to be!! I've been an employee at murphy for more than 7 years and I've seen it all.

Cons

Adults dress like children. So called Christians go out and party, drink; just disgusting. Upper management have no clue what they're doing. Each department complete what they want to. I'm paid well, but there are others that do what I do that make way, way less than me. I feel sorry for the black people at the company because there is NO respect for them at all.

Advice to Management

GROW UP. GO HOME. STOP SLEEPING AROUND. LEARN HOW TO LEAD.

Murphy USA Response

May 12, 2014 – Digital Marketing

Thank you for your comments and bringing your concerns to Murphy USA. The Company takes these types of issues seriously and will investigate the matter. As your status on glassdoor.com indicates ... More