There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Good co-workers, rude supervisors.

Former Employee - Jail Bird Recruiting  in  Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Jail Bird Recruiting in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association part-time for less than a year

Pros

The co-workers seemed to care a lot about the cause, and would be very supportive of one another. Good pay as well.

Cons

Management didn't seem to care about anyone or the cause. Just to make money and leave. They always talked down to us and were all around rude.

Realize that we're people too, and we care about what we do. Don't treat us like animals because you're the bosses. Also, remember what MDA is all about.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association (View Most Recent)

Hard Work Pays Off

Former Employee - Health Care Services Coordinator  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Health Care Services Coordinator in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for MDA was an incredible experience! As the main point of contact for all families in Hawaii serviced by MDA, it was clear to me day after day that we were making a difference. In addition to helping others, I enjoyed the fast paced work environment. There was never a dull moment and never a time when I said to myself, "hmm...I think I'm all caught up." During my time with MDA, I grew so much personally and professionally. I was allowed to take ownership of the programs and do what I thought was best to grow them. I appreciated this freedom, and I always had support (from local, regional, divisional AND national) when I needed it. Lastly, everything at MDA is done as a team. I LOVE this!

Cons

- Too many levels of management in some situations.
    - Too many acronyms...I actually had a cheat sheet for the first year to decipher what they all meant.
    - It's hard to separate work from home when you care so much about the people you're helping.

I think it would be helpful to have more people in the field.

Great charity that could use some updating

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Binghamton, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association part-time for less than a year

Pros

Worthy charity that has many years experience and success in fundraising and supporting area families dealing with MDA. Effective training.

Cons

Ideal candidates will be outgoing with exceptional communication skills, but most positions in a local office will be temporary.

Considering the skill set that is needed to be successful in many of the positions in a local office, using temporary employees is a gamble. The use of temps, rather than hiring exceptional employees for fundraising diminishes it's effectiveness, in my opinion.

There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Worked for Muscular Dystrophy Association? Contribute to the Community!