There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Lots of Work for Little Pay

Former Employee - District Director
Former Employee - District Director

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great for what they do for the families

Cons

Bad pay for the hours and effort put into the job

Set realistic goals

202 Other Employee Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association (View Most Recent)

Not the organization, it's the people!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and vacation time. Never have a problem taking 1/2 a day off for sick child, family issues, etc.

Cons

Always, money, money, money. National is out of touch with what is going on in each office. Supervisor is always cursing, ranting, and raving. Very immature and unprofessional. You are very underappreciated and I do feel like a work horse. When an employee leaves, I am expected to do 3 positions, simply because I am a good worker. But then I am not given a raise and/or compensated.

I believe employees should get to do director and regional reviews. There is no way for National to get a true grasp of the all the drama circulating in each region. All there is, is gossip, negativity, and there HAS to be someone to be a true employee advocate. I've gone to my director with concerns, only for the entire office to find out and have everyone mad at me...it was a valid concern! We need someone to be concerned for office staff. We are the ones busting our butts to raise the money for MDA and we are passionate about what we do. Show us respect and concern.

A Great Place to Learn

Current Employee - Fundraising Coordinator
    Current Employee - Fundraising Coordinator

Pros

The requirements of a fundraiser for this position is challenging. You don't have to have a lot of sales background to get this job, but once you do, you sales experience, if done correctly, will increase dramatically. Any fears of making cold calls, asking for the appointment, asking for a handout will disappear if you perform the job asked of you.

Cons

There is a lot of turnover in this position. You are considered senior staff if you have made it more than a year. They don't work to keep the staff that is succeeding, thus if you have any real talent, you tend to move on after that year marker.

Don't overwork your staff. You expect 50-60 hour weeks during FTB and MW call-outs, but you don't allow for any personal time. You burn your staff out. Set realistic goal based on population and potential.

There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Worked for Muscular Dystrophy Association? Contribute to the Community!