Sinking ship...

Former Employee - Fundraising Coordinator
Former Employee - Fundraising Coordinator

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The families served do benefit from the MDA's services but slowly these services are being scaled back - I guess it is more important to pay the CEO and his friends over $350,000 a year.

Cons

This is an edit. My first post had way too many points at the countless cons of MDA. In short. Keep looking, this company is going nowhere fast. I do not see the local offices making it to 2020. Horrible work environment fostered by the mindless fools at the national and divisional level. They laugh all the way to the bank as they have no clue how to run an actual organization, they just knew the right people and/or kissed the right asses.

Advice to Management

Do not give in to the trickle-down scare tactics from the positions above you. Ask your superiors, "Why am I doing this?" "How do you expect us to meet these goals?" It will go a long way - it will help you coach your team to be successful, or (most likely) will prove that the higher management has no clue what they're doing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great potential but not there yet

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The families we get to work with are the most amazing people you will ever meet, and the vast majority of the staff are deeply dedicated to advancing the mission.

Cons

MDA is in a period of intense change, with an all-new executive team coming on board this year and making sweeping changes. Radical change may be just what the organization needs, but it makes for an unstable and uncertain work environment where no one ever feels secure in their jobs.

Advice to Management

Start "walking the walk" regarding employees being our most valuable resource, and start promoting from within.

2. The organization serves an amazing group of families.

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Clients (families) are such an inspiration. Organization has a solid mission.

Cons

Hours can be extensive and draining.