There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Love working here!

Current Employee - Executive Director
Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

MDA is the best company that I have worked for. The cause is hands down one of the best out there and you can truly own your development and success. I am challenged every week and love every minute of it.

Cons

There is a lot of nights and weekends in this role but so goes event planning and anything in the nonprofit industry.

Continue to invest in your people.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association (View Most Recent)

Exciting mission, lackluster environment

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association

Pros

Great organizational mission and cutting-edge research. The employees really care about clients and making a difference. You'll learn a lot about muscle disease and cause-related marketing.

Cons

Doesn't take very good care of staff. No raises when I was there, no compensation time even when you're at events all weekend long. MDA's fundraising style and campaigns are so specific, that I didn't learn much about fundraising in general. There was no emphasis on professional development outside of very specific organizational training; I was not allowed to attend networking events.

Fundraising Coordinator

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association

Pros

The job itself is a good opportunity for a first job. Ways to improve necessary skills like sponsor relations, communications, meeting budget goals, and more.

Cons

Company does not have a solid brand and no plan to improve it. Company as a whole is behind the times. Does not encourage creativity or improvement of programs. National management is out of touch for what happens in the field. Local office has poor management. My divisional director told me she did not like "dealing with office drama". Unfortunately no management leads to more drama and bad office culture.

Great job in cleaning out the up upper management but it's time to take a close look at the field. Someone who has been at MDA for a long time might be valuable or they could be very detrimental to the success of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Worked for Muscular Dystrophy Association? Contribute to the Community!