Muscular Dystrophy Association

www.mda.org

Problems galore and no one to report issues to.

ProsThe benefits are great and are very affordable. The vacation and sick time are separate hours, giving your more flexibility, plus the company also has many other holidays that are paid for during the year. You also get an anniversary and birthday off.

ConsI have seen my director verbally bash everyone, from temp workers, to management, to patients and sponsors. I have experienced first hand being cursed and yelled at, told to shut up, and have been left in tears on my occasions. While an hourly employee, I was expected to work after hours, travel for events and then not be paid for my time or given comp time. The turn over rate is unbelievable due to a director that doesn't care about rules or policies, expects everyone to be a work horse, and more so, the complete disrespect that is shown for everyone, from the ground up. I have even witnessed their boss being cursed at by this individual and it is appalling. There is no one to report this to. This individual and their boss are friends, as well as the person above them. I have seen reports made to the higher ups and then calls directly to the director to then tell the director everything that was said and for them to handle it. There is no formal HR and it saddens me to know that the MDA will be a sunken ship due to individuals ripping it apart from the inside out.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive heed to complaints and reports and act on them. Do not sweep it under the rug. Employee's voices matter and there are wonderful people that have come and gone due to the effects from one individual. Make a way for individuals to report certain things anonymously. VALUE your employees and encourage comp time. There is no time for families and personal time and an employee that has no way to regroup and rest, will be worn out, tired, and completely burnt out on their job and therefore, will not work to the best of their ability.

Not good.

Fundraising Coordinator (Former Employee) Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time for less than a year

Pros: Opportunity to help people in need. Decent salary, but lots… Cons: Poor management - My director supervisor was a twit. She did zero work except write nasty write up emails about my colleagues and I to… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of most of your directors and regional management. They do not offer… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Love working here!

Executive Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: MDA is the best company that I have worked for. The cause is hands down one of the best out… Cons: There is a lot of nights and weekends in this role… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to invest in your people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Worked for Muscular Dystrophy Association? Contribute to the Community!