There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Problems galore and no one to report issues to.

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great and are very affordable. The vacation and sick time are separate hours, giving your more flexibility, plus the company also has many other holidays that are paid for during the year. You also get an anniversary and birthday off.

Cons

I have seen my director verbally bash everyone, from temp workers, to management, to patients and sponsors. I have experienced first hand being cursed and yelled at, told to shut up, and have been left in tears on my occasions. While an hourly employee, I was expected to work after hours, travel for events and then not be paid for my time or given comp time. The turn over rate is unbelievable due to a director that doesn't care about rules or policies, expects everyone to be a work horse, and more so, the complete disrespect that is shown for everyone, from the ground up. I have even witnessed their boss being cursed at by this individual and it is appalling. There is no one to report this to. This individual and their boss are friends, as well as the person above them. I have seen reports made to the higher ups and then calls directly to the director to then tell the director everything that was said and for them to handle it. There is no formal HR and it saddens me to know that the MDA will be a sunken ship due to individuals ripping it apart from the inside out.

Give heed to complaints and reports and act on them. Do not sweep it under the rug. Employee's voices matter and there are wonderful people that have come and gone due to the effects from one individual. Make a way for individuals to report certain things anonymously. VALUE your employees and encourage comp time. There is no time for families and personal time and an employee that has no way to regroup and rest, will be worn out, tired, and completely burnt out on their job and therefore, will not work to the best of their ability.

206 Other Employee Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association (View Most Recent)

Changing Lives...

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association (more than 5 years)

Pros

The families we serve are so inspiring. You get to work closely with the people you serve and the services that MDA provides is commendable.

There has been many changes within MDA but I feel that it's for the better. We are changing things that we should have changed a long time ago.

Cons

work life balance and not compensated for the work that you do

Sometimes you don't just work for the salary

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time

Pros

Working for MDA is a very rewarding job, there is a satisfaction in helping others

Cons

The salary levels are non-competitive and not much room for growth in management without re-location.

Consider allowing more discretion through all levels when it comes to making program decisions - national programs are successful, however they don't always run the same in each region or state and allowing the lower level staff to make those calls is suggested

There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association