Muscular Dystrophy Association

There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

MDA ROCKS!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for MDA for 12 years and I love it. I am very proud to tell people that I work for MDA and I am proud of the work that we do. MDA has excellent healthcare benefits, and is very generous with paid time off throughout the year. This company has always given me fair and generous compensation because I am an overachieving employee that has always met and exceeded the employee goals.

Cons

1. There are seasons of the year in which you must work evenings and weekends in order to meet the demands of sponsors. This at times become difficult to manage with a family. However, if you manage your time effectively you can figure it out.
2. There have been a lot of bad hires in the last several years. Some (not all) of the recent college grads feel that the are entitle to a hire salary position without ever "paying their dues". I have found that recent grads think that social media is the answer to all things, and that they expect that they should get raises without meeting their goals. This is frustrating to staff that have been working hard for years.

Provide more training that is relevant to making the staff more well rounded employees versus program specific trainings. All staff need management, sales and people skills training that are taught by experts in the specific fields, not by MDA staff.

219 Other Employee Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association (View Most Recent)

Changing Lives...

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association (more than 5 years)

Pros

The families we serve are so inspiring. You get to work closely with the people you serve and the services that MDA provides is commendable.

There has been many changes within MDA but I feel that it's for the better. We are changing things that we should have changed a long time ago.

Cons

work life balance and not compensated for the work that you do

Sometimes you don't just work for the salary

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time

Pros

Working for MDA is a very rewarding job, there is a satisfaction in helping others

Cons

The salary levels are non-competitive and not much room for growth in management without re-location.

Consider allowing more discretion through all levels when it comes to making program decisions - national programs are successful, however they don't always run the same in each region or state and allowing the lower level staff to make those calls is suggested

There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association