Muscular Dystrophy Association

www.mda.org

MDA ROCKS!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsI have worked for MDA for 12 years and I love it. I am very proud to tell people that I work for MDA and I am proud of the work that we do. MDA has excellent healthcare benefits, and is very generous with paid time off throughout the year. This company has always given me fair and generous compensation because I am an overachieving employee that has always met and exceeded the employee goals.

Cons1. There are seasons of the year in which you must work evenings and weekends in order to meet the demands of sponsors. This at times become difficult to manage with a family. However, if you manage your time effectively you can figure it out.
2. There have been a lot of bad hires in the last several years. Some (not all) of the recent college grads feel that the are entitle to a hire salary position without ever "paying their dues". I have found that recent grads think that social media is the answer to all things, and that they expect that they should get raises without meeting their goals. This is frustrating to staff that have been working hard for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training that is relevant to making the staff more well rounded employees versus program specific trainings. All staff need management, sales and people skills training that are taught by experts in the specific fields, not by MDA staff.

Problems galore and no one to report issues to.

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The benefits are great and are very affordable. The vacation and sick time are separate hours, giving your more flexibility, plus… Cons: I have seen my director verbally bash everyone, from temp workers, to management, to patients and sponsors. I have experienced first hand being cursed and… Advice to Senior Management: Give heed to complaints and reports and act on them. Do not sweep it under the rug. Employee's voices matter and there are wonderful people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Experience!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time for less than a year

Pros: The people are great! Mission is amazing. Many people are veterans of 10-35… Cons: Compensation unfortunately is not competitive-- Advice to Senior Management: review salary surveys in the different areas and become competitive… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Worked for Muscular Dystrophy Association? Contribute to the Community!