MDA is an AMAZING and REWARDING company to work for

Current Employee - District Administrative Assistant in Boynton Beach, FL
Current Employee - District Administrative Assistant in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's amazing coming to work each day knowing you are making a difference in someone's life! Additionally, MDA has the best benefits...hands down! Holiday pay, sick leave, personal days and an amazing vacation benefit. My last 2 jobs I had to wait 5 years to earn 3 weeks vacation...at MDA I earned 4 weeks in my 3rd year!

Cons

You work hard...all day! But at 5p it's time to go and what's left is waiting for you in the morning! Most times you're working on more than one event at a time...but each day is a chance to be successful...all for our families! Without us who do they have?

Advice to Management

Keep up the great support! And thanks for recognizing our hard work, extra time, successes and so on! It means the world and truly makes all the difference. It makes me WANT to stay with MDA - knowing my efforts are noticed and therefore acknowledged.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Experiences to last a lifetime

Current Employee - Area Director
    Current Employee - Area Director

Pros

The impact you make and the people you meet will stay with you forever. If you "really get it" this job won't be just a job but so much more, it's something you can feel passionate about. It allows you to be creative, to make any program or event, just want you want it to be. You can take the ball and run with it and the people you touch throughout the process will end up touching you so much more! Working at MDA, you are surrounded by managers and co-workers who want you to succeed and are there to help you achieve your goals. The better you are at your job, the better it is for the company. It's a team environment and we are all here for the greater good of our families and mission.

Cons

There is a lot of turnover, and it is tremendously difficult to find qulified employees to staff open positions. There is not a 403b match and raises are only offered with a promotion. That said, there is little room for growth without relocation unless the manager above you leaves his/ her position.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the work takes over and there is not time for team building or team meetings and those are really important. I think conferences or divisional meetings are also important to learn from other districts.

Always working hard for our families for years but with no pay increases makes it tough for all.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Our families makes my job rewarding. MDA does help our families so much and it's nice to explain what we can provide for them.

Cons

Would like to see more rewards for the hard working support staff on all levels. It seems that the only hard work recognized is for management staff and support staff is left out for their hard efforts all together.

Advice to Management

It's true that it's important to have good benefits, raise increases and a good work-life balance. I believe MDA is working on that. Let's consider why so many good people leave MDA in the same department repeatedly? Let's think and ponder that for a moment.