There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

MDA is an AMAZING and REWARDING company to work for

Current Employee - District Administrative Assistant  in  Boynton Beach, FL
Current Employee - District Administrative Assistant in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's amazing coming to work each day knowing you are making a difference in someone's life! Additionally, MDA has the best benefits...hands down! Holiday pay, sick leave, personal days and an amazing vacation benefit. My last 2 jobs I had to wait 5 years to earn 3 weeks vacation...at MDA I earned 4 weeks in my 3rd year!

Cons

You work hard...all day! But at 5p it's time to go and what's left is waiting for you in the morning! Most times you're working on more than one event at a time...but each day is a chance to be successful...all for our families! Without us who do they have?

Keep up the great support! And thanks for recognizing our hard work, extra time, successes and so on! It means the world and truly makes all the difference. It makes me WANT to stay with MDA - knowing my efforts are noticed and therefore acknowledged.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association (View Most Recent)

Never a Dull Moment

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is definitely a job to be done here. There are lots of variety and plenty of opportunities to widen your skill-set and learn new things. The people are great. MDA is a focused, dedicated and energetic group working toward a common good. It's exciting and challenging.

Cons

Time and change. The unbelievable fluidity that comes with constant change is the biggest obstacle. The boat has been rocked a few times in the last couple of years. Systems changes, management changes and company-wide reorganization have made staying on board and holding steady a hearty task. It isn't for the faint of heart.

Keep the sails up.

Experiences to last a lifetime

Current Employee - Area Director
    Current Employee - Area Director

Pros

The impact you make and the people you meet will stay with you forever. If you "really get it" this job won't be just a job but so much more, it's something you can feel passionate about. It allows you to be creative, to make any program or event, just want you want it to be. You can take the ball and run with it and the people you touch throughout the process will end up touching you so much more! Working at MDA, you are surrounded by managers and co-workers who want you to succeed and are there to help you achieve your goals. The better you are at your job, the better it is for the company. It's a team environment and we are all here for the greater good of our families and mission.

Cons

There is a lot of turnover, and it is tremendously difficult to find qulified employees to staff open positions. There is not a 403b match and raises are only offered with a promotion. That said, there is little room for growth without relocation unless the manager above you leaves his/ her position.

Sometimes the work takes over and there is not time for team building or team meetings and those are really important. I think conferences or divisional meetings are also important to learn from other districts.

There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Worked for Muscular Dystrophy Association? Contribute to the Community!