There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

I love MDA!

Former Employee - Fundraising Coordinator
Former Employee - Fundraising Coordinator

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association

Pros

Incredible job satisfaction, fantastic national sponosors (IAFF, Lowe's, Harley Davidson). I left work everyday knowing that I had the support of my director and she was appreciative of my efforts. There are fantastic people at this organization and I would encourage anyone to apply there.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth into management...I worked in several offices in different parts of the country and found the east coast a much better environment than the west coast.

Not all programs are going to be successful in all parts of the country - let areas focus on their strengths and not be forced into participating in all "signature" events.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association (View Most Recent)

WHAT A SHAME! Place is going downhill fast

I worked at Muscular Dystrophy Association

Pros

The individuals and families MDA serves.

Cons

From top down, management is ill prepared to take this non-profit to the next level. No respect for the employees.

To board and key stake holders -- clean house in Tucson. Bring in business savvy executives.

MDA

I have been working at Muscular Dystrophy Association

Pros

MDA really does provide some wonderful services for the families they serve...especially their summer camp program. It's amazing to see the campers flourish.

Cons

I joined MDA with a great deal of nonprofit experience, and this has been the worst by far. Misleading interview, and terrible fundraising practices.

Realize that it's time to bring the organization up to speed. Any organization this large should at least have a donor database!

There are newer employer reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Worked for Muscular Dystrophy Association? Contribute to the Community!