Mutual of Omaha
www.mutualofomaha.com Omaha, NE 5000+ Employees

Great company to work for if you are able to advance

Long Term Disability Claim Analyst (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at Mutual of Omaha full-time for more than a year

ProsFull service cafeteria with additional fast food restaurants, 5 free personal days to use on top of your accrued PTO/vacation time, many different departments to advance in.

ConsSalary is slightly lower than competing companies but pretty competative; difficult to advance if you don't know the right people, they do not seem to take into account an associates degree vs. bachelors degree vs. masters degree when it comes to pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvance those with skills and proof of productivity and do not only hire those you are friends with.

Don't be fooled with the temptation of unlimited income

Insurance Based Advisor (Former Employee)
Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Mutual of Omaha

Pros: "Once you make it" the money can be good. You literally are… Cons: You will be on 100% commission, you will not receive any reimbursement for gas or leads. They bring you in under the guise… Advice to Senior Management: Offer starting base salary - Don't let agents pay for leads - Have better training -… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Mutual of Omaha Field Sales Managers must recruit salespeople that are paid 100% commission and zero salary.

Field Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Mutual of Omaha

Pros: Brand recognition, customer loyalty, wide product suite. Cons: High turnover of distribution management, poor compensation structures for sales… Advice to Senior Management: Seriously scrutinize your distribution strategy and compensation. 10% four year retention speaks volumes on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Mutual of Omaha.

Worked for Mutual of Omaha? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mutual of Omaha reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mutual of Omaha CEO Dan Neary. All reviews posted anonymously by Mutual of Omaha employees.