My Organic Market

www.myorganicmarket.com
  www.myorganicmarket.com
There are newer employer reviews for My Organic Market

It was great, employees are still my friends. I learned a lot, interacted with very smart earthfriendly people.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at My Organic Market

Pros

You work with people that care for the environment. The atmosphere is very positive, you learn a lot and help others to understand the company's values. Overall if you care about natural and organic food, local farming and a better Earth is a great place to be.

Cons

I didn't like to work on weekends and some Holidays, because I have a kid I wanted to be off those days too, and at MOMs you have to work at least one weekend day and most Holidays.

Keep up the good wwork, keep expanding as you are already doing and keep spreading the word about the respect we have to have for Mother Nature.

2 Other Employee Reviews for My Organic Market (View Most Recent)

Good pay, but poor management

Former Employee - Cashier in College Park, MD
    Former Employee - Cashier in College Park, MD

I worked at My Organic Market

Pros

Great pay, especially for college students and careers starters
    A company that stands for a worthy cause--keeping the environment as healthy as possible

Cons

Horrendous--and I mean absolutely downright despicable management. Scott Nash (the head of the company) seems to have good intentions, but his management skills are appalling. Today I marvel at the magnitude at which MOMs struggles with management of emplyees. The College Park store alone goes through managers faster than any company I've ever been with...within six months it's possible that the store will have hired and fired three respective managers. I'm not sure about their other stores, but at this particular one they treat their employees like children. Even when someone is new to the job and still learning, they may be fired on the spot for making a petty mistake. I put in my two weeks because I didn't like the tyranical atmosphere that management brought. It's is beyond me how a company run this way has stayed in business. . . if they continue this way, their days are most surely numbered.

Focus less on customer service and focus more on serving your employees. Your employees are the tip of the sword and they are the ones that help generate the most income. They are NOT mere "tools" that you can use and discard when ready. I advise that you all stop acting like grade school children when it comes to management and begin to behave like responsible business men and women.

There are newer employer reviews for My Organic Market