MyEyeDr.

www.myeyedr.com
  www.myeyedr.com
There are newer employer reviews for MyEyeDr.

Former Employee - seems nothing has changed

Former Employee - Associate
Former Employee - Associate

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are very nice and bond because all of the employees are afraid of the owner and president.

Cons

Owner and president run the company - no possibility of individual growth. Leadership believes they know how to grow and manage the organization and do not solicit input from staff nor invest in their employees, therefore high turnover. Salary and bonus is good if you can sell - administrative staff is overworked, underpaid and generally mistreated. This is not a company I would recommend to anyone.

They believe they are doing everything right and won't listen so there is no need to suggest anything.

25 Other Employee Reviews for MyEyeDr. (View Most Recent)

its retail not eye care

Former Employee - Optician
    Former Employee - Optician

I worked at MyEyeDr.

Pros

pays very well and bonuses are great if you work at a busy store

Cons

bunch of crooks! no real documentation on your actual numbers everything seems made up with percentages and cost of goods. what kind of comprehensive exam can you get in 10 minutes?? company policies vary store to store.

pay more attention to the staff. sometimes throwing more money at them when they try to leave isn't the solution. we are not strippers!

Manager or "monkey"?

I have been working at MyEyeDr.

Pros

When sales are good life is good. The bonuses are nice and you definitely feel like you are appreciated. Because optical is a little community every one knows each other and talks about what is going on at Myeyedr.

Cons

No promises are kept once you get hired. You apply for a job in VA and you'll end up working in MD. You are told that the schedules are flexible BUT they don't tell you that you're the one that needs to be flexible all the time. Schedules are changed by the HOUR. This is also the first management experience I have had that doesn't let me make my stores schedule. Big mistake coming here. oh, and expect the OWNER AND PRESIDENT of the company to come by your store to chew you out. Don't do it. Go to a company that has a good reputation for taking care of employees. Go somewhere where your bosses don't just take credit for good times and point fingers when times are tough.

If management would do what they promise maybe people wouldn't always be leaving. It is about being good to your employees so they are good in return. Throwing money at a problem doesn't solve a problem. If you make the same fake promises and pay more to a new employee you'll get the same results.. And it'll cost more!

There are newer employer reviews for MyEyeDr.