MySpace

www.myspace.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for MySpace

Excited to be a part of the comeback!!

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Beverly Hills, CA
Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at MySpace

Pros

New management has taken over and is making a real run at turning this place around.
Morale is the best since I've been around.
The new vision for the site is amazing.
The music catalogue is bigger and better than Spotify and Pandora (and it's free too).
We get free cooked to order lunch everyday.
Fresh ideas that are actually put into action, instead of falling on deaf ears.
Competitive pay and great benefits.

Cons

Historical turnover and layoffs under NewsCorp have hurt morale in the past.
Past mis-management and inter-office politics have given those that work here a bad reputation (however, new management has shown differently).
Previous regime was dead set focused on Futura and now we are all paying for their poor judgement.

You've shown a great sense of leadership and direction in the short time you have been here. Please stay the course and never forget that the user experience is the most important aspect to regaining our prominence!

121 Other Employee Reviews for MySpace (View Most Recent)

Fast-paced and challenging work environment

Former Employee - Intern in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at MySpace

Pros

Management respects you as much as a full time employee. You learn a ton about the music and marketing industry. Great name on your resume.

Cons

Work environment can be a bit isolating at times. Lack of resources and adequate funding in my specific department can be restricting.

Worked with great team, too bad product and company not managed well at top level.

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at MySpace

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, ability to work remotely. Music team and side of business very exciting with a lot of potential.

Cons

Poor vision of future from senior management team. Part of Newscorp/Fox. UG. A lot of outsourcing led to a fair amount of dissatisfaction among employees.

Sell off everything but the music piece of the pie. Try for better partnerships with Facebook--you are out of the social networking business, so you might as well.

There are newer employer reviews for MySpace