MySpace

www.myspace.com

Best place to work for in LA

Current Employee - .NET Developer  in  Beverly Hills, CA
Current Employee - .NET Developer in Beverly Hills, CA

Pros

Good company to work far on par with google or facebook
Technology innovator
Comps are pretty good
Benifits and discounts and all
Food

Cons

Too much management
Too late to react to competition

Other reviews for MySpace

Too many cooks

Pros

There were really some fantastic employees here who were brilliant at what they did. With millions of users and Fox as their parent company, the tools being built and the media deals being run created some incredible products that were completely ignored by the public because it was easier to dismiss the company at large because of neglected user profiles.

Cons

Way too many middle-management staff that provided input for no other reason than they didn't know what else to do. Lots of insider deals to work or not work with vendors for astronomical costs.

Drop the name.

Project manager on MySpace 2.0

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Beverly Hills, CA

Pros

It took some convening for me to join the company, but I'm so glad I did back in 2009. The CTO at the time was a proactive leader and really kept in touch with the teams. We knew we had a difficult task of reinventing the site/brand but everyone was motivated to make it happen. Some of the brightest talent I've worked with in the industry.

Cons

The only real downside was that MySpace as a brand was already damaged and our changes eventually had little impact. The end result was the mass layoff. I see the site has launched in a new direction. I wish the MySpace team all the luck in the world.

Try your best to fight through the many years of MySpace getting a bad rap/bad name. Your backend services and security is far better than Facebook.

There are newer employer reviews for MySpace.

Worked for MySpace? Contribute to the Community!