Mylan Inc

www.mylan.com
  www.mylan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mylan Inc

I wouldn't reccommend this place to my worst enemy...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong company with a strong future

Cons

The leadership at Mylan does not care about their employees. They lead with fear rather than respect. Even within the departments, everyone looks to put the blame on someone else and no one hesitates to throw a colleague under the bus to save their own behind. The culture is defeating. Lots of yelling, swearing and name calling from the top down - no respect for employees whatsoever.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Mylan Inc (View Most Recent)

Great Benefits

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has awesome benefits, from medical coverage to educational reimbursement. If you are interested in going back to school and are willing to put in the work, Mylan will pay up to 100% of your education based on your grade.

Cons

Like any other company, there are always politics that go on and will always go on. My experience was that the pros of the company benefits outweighed the cons. There was limited room for advancement during my employment.

Union Worker

Current Employee - Union Manufacturing in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Union Manufacturing in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are above average and most days the job is relatively easy even in one of the more difficult departments that I am in. I get paid more than many of the company employees such as chemists, etc. Especially, when overtime is factored in. There is certainly no reason to complain when people are outside digging ditches for much less. That doesn't stop people here from complaining though.

Cons

A lot of politics are involved in this job ever since the company went global and Puskar passed away. The treatment of employees has most certainly went down. The regulations being imposed by the company (the FDA is actually less stringent) have increased by a great margin. Most of the regulations are senseless and only in place to justify the jobs of the quality workers that enforce them. You also receive very little respect when wearing a union uniform and are treated as if you're a second class citizen at times, despite that fact that many in the union hold advanced degrees higher than the people managing them. It can definitely be discouraging at times. In the companies defense, many union employees are lazy and worthless and are most likely the reason we have come to be treated this way.

Keep watching your employee's closely and treat those that actually do their job with respect and leave the degradation to the union employee's that do not. Communicate more efficiently and hire from within so future supervisor's and management employees aren't just guessing at how to run the company and actually have a background of what's involved.

There are newer employer reviews for Mylan Inc