There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

I have learned a lot but no one cares.

Current Employee - Lab Technician
Current Employee - Lab Technician

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

There is a lot to learn. For the most part the environment is friendly and it is a fun place to work. The benefits a fairly good.

Cons

There is a big communication gap between management and the technicians. A lot of time and money is wasted because management wants to tell the technicians what to do without taking the time to listen to the technicians about what the real problems are.

The Management needs to stop and take time to listen to the technicians. They are the ones handling the day to day problems. Most of the managers are too full of themselves to even give a second thought to what a technician has to say.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Myriad Genetics (View Most Recent)

Myriad is a great place to work!

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

I love working with smart, innovative and hard working co-workers that are very dedicated to improving patient care. The employees here have a passion about making the patient experience a positive one. Everyone is very supportive and easy to work with - you don't see the internal politics that you see in other companies.

Cons

It is difficult to get to know people from different groups. It would be great to see more cross-functional teams working together.

The executives could definitely consider being more visible to the frontline employees that are working hard and show more appreciation for what we do!

Interesting hybrid medical sales job. Not device, not biotech, not pharma, something else all together.

Current Employee - Oncology Account Executive
    Current Employee - Oncology Account Executive

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

- Monopoly on BRCA mutation testing gives us total price control.
    - Fair amount of freedom in territory management.
    - Good customer service structure.

Cons

- Pay is pretty bad compared to other sales gigs.
    - Tremendous uncertainty associated with the BRAC patent and court battle
    - A LOT of senior leadership has recently come in from primary care pharma and they are totally clueless on how oncology works.

Take a hard look at base pay and how that might be contributing to your turnover issues. Give reps gas cards, it is a very unfair expense and a counter-incentive towards doing your job to not have that benefit. Continue to buy back stock; all of the stock - go private.

There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics