There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

Five Years Ago, This Was a Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Oncology Sales
Current Employee - Oncology Sales

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a job that becomes your life if you let it...with these kind of products, you can look at yourself in the mirror everyday and really believe that you are saving people from getting cancer. That alone was the reason I took a sales position pay cut to come here.

If you are a stellar sales person, and liked by your manager, you have the opportunity to get recognized and move up. President's Club trips are great, and if you have a great supportive manager, you have opportunities year-round to shine!

Cons

Pay is low compared to other oncology sales positions. They insinuate that there is no ceiling for commission, but out of the 6 years I have been here, there have been at least 3 years where the commission has been negligible due to the company's base commission amount.

A big reason I also came to Myriad was the "small company" feel to it. Your ideas and voice could be heard, Mark Capone knew you by name and we prided ourselves on not being Big Pharma. That has all changed. You never hear from upper management, everything is now officially passed down the ranks. The family feel we once had has been replaced with Big Pharma who only care about looking good and checking the boxes. It is really, really sad.

If I actually thought they read these reviews, I could write a whole page here. I would ask them to think long and hard about the kind of people they have put in upper management lately. My manager is always stressed out and putting out fires because of the latest string of stupidity they are made to do. They have no time to be in the field with us because they are flying to SLC every two weeks for another meeting. I worry that the company has spent so much time convincing everyone that they have made such great leadership choices that they will spend the next five years defending each of them when they run the sales force into the ground.

You will continue to not only lose good people, but gain the reputation of not paying your people a competitive salary if the pay structure isn't addressed. Compensation adjustments like the ONE the company did a few years ago was laughable, and while many of us who have been with the company a long time feel pressure and loyalty to stay, it's really hard when others in your field are making $40-$50 more a year consistently. When someone gets promoted, give them a REAL salary bump...not just a token one and a title change.

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salary, Job Security, Great work environment, fast growing company

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for career growth

Myriad was a very good company to work for.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There were many pro's to working for Myriad. One of the primary was the access to clients and physicians because of reputation. Another very important was that Myriad used to value work-life balance.

Cons

When I started with Myriad, there was a "non-pharmaceutical" feel to the company. After a while it seemed that Myriad was moving in the direction (culture-wise) as the big pharm companies. Although there is nothing inherently wrong with that, I missed the Myriad culture that I gambled on when I came on board.

There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics