Great Culture, Great Work-Life Balance

Current Employee - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Located in Research Park. Great Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Compensation, Employee Development. Great company to impact the lives of people who are suffering from cancer.

Cons

Hard for Management to embrace new ideas.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. You hired them for a reason.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Five Years Ago, This Was a Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Oncology Sales
    Current Employee - Oncology Sales

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a job that becomes your life if you let it...with these kind of products, you can look at yourself in the mirror everyday and really believe that you are saving people from getting cancer. That alone was the reason I took a sales position pay cut to come here.

If you are a stellar sales person, and liked by your manager, you have the opportunity to get recognized and move up. President's Club trips are great, and if you have a great supportive manager, you have opportunities year-round to shine!

Cons

Pay is low compared to other oncology sales positions. They insinuate that there is no ceiling for commission, but out of the 6 years I have been here, there have been at least 3 years where the commission has been negligible due to the company's base commission amount.

A big reason I also came to Myriad was the "small company" feel to it. Your ideas and voice could be heard, Mark Capone knew you by name and we prided ourselves on not being Big Pharma. That has all changed. You never hear from upper management, everything is now officially passed down the ranks. The family feel we once had has been replaced with Big Pharma who only care about looking good and checking the boxes. It is really, really sad.

Advice to Management

If I actually thought they read these reviews, I could write a whole page here. I would ask them to think long and hard about the kind of people they have put in upper management lately. My manager is always stressed out and putting out fires because of the latest string of stupidity they are made to do. They have no time to be in the field with us because they are flying to SLC every two weeks for another meeting. I worry that the company has spent so much time convincing everyone that they have made such great leadership choices that they will spend the next five years defending each of them when they run the sales force into the ground.

You will continue to not only lose good people, but gain the reputation of not paying your people a competitive salary if the pay structure isn't addressed. Compensation adjustments like the ONE the company did a few years ago was laughable, and while many of us who have been with the company a long time feel pressure and loyalty to stay, it's really hard when others in your field are making $40-$50 more a year consistently. When someone gets promoted, give them a REAL salary bump...not just a token one and a title change.

2. Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary, Job Security, Great work environment, fast growing company

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for career growth