Myriad Genetics

www.myriad.com
  www.myriad.com
There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

Friendly people, focused on improving lives of patients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Management is very focused on patient and improving their care
-Employee friendly - benefits are excellent!!
-There has been an increase in focus on career development for all employees
-There sales training is probably the best in the country

Cons

-Growing pains - I've worked for the company for almost three years and the company has almost doubled in size.

-continue to focus on improving work environment - it is working!!

50 Other Employee Reviews for Myriad Genetics (View Most Recent)

Headed on a downward spiral.

Current Employee - Patient Service Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Patient Service Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I agree with the below comment; the view of the mountains.

Cons

-Bureaucratic structure with layers of management - from regional managers to department managers down to team supervisors. This, along with mandates for compliance, takes precedence over doing the right thing. It discourages change and cripples improvement. You may ask "Why do we do it this way?" The answer is often, "We've always done it this way." Forget creativity. Forget talent. Forget improvement.

-Micromanagement is crazy and is implemented with a command and control leadership style. Employees are treated like numbers. No one cares if you fall off the face of the earth. You're replaceable. We don't need you.

-Bonuses and rewards are given equally to everyone. And tenure precedes performance. Just another way to promote mediocrity and high turnover.

-Because management is so stuck in the past and resistant to changes, lots of processes (basically anything done on the phone or computer) is outdated. This is 2013, not 1992!!

Tenure Suppresses Talent:

Just because “Employee A” has performed a task longer than “Employee B” doesn’t necessarily mean that “A” is more skilled than “B.” Furthermore, just because “A” has been with the company longer than “B”, doesn’t necessarily mean that “A” possesses more talent, upside, knowledge, or adds more value than “B.” When an organization promotes based upon tenure, and not based upon recognition of talent, merit, performance, etc., the company is not leveraging its true talent base. Not recognizing, developing, and rewarding talent is the fastest way I know of to drive talent out of your organization and directly into the hands of your competition.

Decent, but you can likely find better

Current Employee - Lab Technician I in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Lab Technician I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good coworkers, supervisors are nice

Cons

Starting out with no benefits for 6 months and then having lower than average pay makes you feel cheated, especially for how hard they work you. No paid holidays, no paid time off as well until your 6 months are up. They treat temps rather poorly

6 month contract work makes you feel like you're not a part of the company and they don't really care about you

There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics