Myriad Genetics

www.myriad.com
  www.myriad.com
There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

Dead-End Job with no promotion ability, may just be my field

Current Employee - Patient Advocate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, good hours, the company itself does a good thing for society

Cons

I was told upon being hired that I could move up/move to the Marketing Department after 9 months if they happened to be hiring in Marketing at that time. I took this job basically right out of college with little real world experience, but needed the money, so I shot my chances of getting Marketing experience with the hopes I could transfer after 9 months. 2 years later, HR offers no real help other than to "keep checking the job postings" and does not hire Marketing employees from within. They hire Marketing people with experience. I basically need to start over so I can get on a career path that doesn't limit me to $35 K a year and is actually in the field I want to go into.

Actually engage with your employees who are looking to build a career with Myriad. I don't want to leave, but you forced me out. I was overqualified when you hired me, you should have just been straight with me and told me that I can't move up without real-world experience, and that my qualifications alone wouldn't be enough for me to move up.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Myriad Genetics (View Most Recent)

Profit over people, if that wasn't already famous.

Current Employee - Patient Advocate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You help cancer patients get access to a really expensive genetic test.

Cons

Management treats employees like slaves. This includes mandatory overtime on weekends. It's a pretty counterproductive idea as employees are miserable already. Sorry about your family life, but it's the end of the quarter and we need $$$$.

Figure out where you actually lose revenue. Look deeper in your processes. A lot of improvement needs to be made. A lot of waste happens due to 20 years of hiring bad employees and not caring, but it's time for a makeover. Do YOU know what's going on in customer service? Do YOU know what's causing tests to be cancelled? Do you know what it takes to get a test paid for?

Lab tech in main lab

Former Employee - Lab Technician II in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Lab Technician II in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paid the bills. Most of the other techs were awesome

Cons

Very very high turnover. Management actively pushed senior techs out to keep costs down. Training was minimal and mistakes harshly punished. Overhead upper management constantly refer to techs as monkeys

Get to know the techs. Stop saying that monkeys can do our jobs

There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics