Myriad Genetics

Could Be Better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

Great industry to be in and the work Myriad does is very beneficial to the community and people we serve. Myriad is a very innovative company that has a lot of potential. Benefits are okay and stock is a great incentive if you stay long term. Friendly environment and good people trying to make a difference.

Cons

Mediocre pay unless you are in upper management. Salaries seem very top heavy as do the rewards, recognition and incentives. Company is VERY profitable yet they fail to recognize the employees for the work they do that has contributed to the success. Very poor morale in the laboratories and other areas mainly due to poor pay. No room for growth but if you are lucky enough to be promoted don't bank on a much of an increase in pay; just more work and responsibility without recognition or incentives. A very life/energy sucking career.

Recognize your employees and treat them as though you value them. Do not gloat about our record profits while continuing to pay poorly. Recognize talent and reward accordingly in hopes of retaining talent and boosting poor morale of employees.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Myriad Genetics (View Most Recent)

Great place

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Myriad Genetics

Pros

Work environment is friendly.
    Everyone is willing to help each other out.
    Benefits are great.
    Great Location

Cons

Sometimes long hours are required, especially when on call.
    A lot of team work required and some people don't do their part.

Continue to listen to those that feed you information. Never forget to praise the hard work that some put in. Look for those not pulling their weight and get rid of them. There are many times when I have been in situations where I have had to cover for someone else simply because they didn't want to work.

IT

Former Employee - IT Support in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - IT Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Myriad Genetics

Pros

Good pay, Industry Recognition in Women's Health

Cons

IT groups are very fragmented, A bit to much head strong personalities, Middle Management is hit and mis depending on who your working for. Technologies are reasonable but as a small company limited on spending

Work more on cross teaming culture

There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics