There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

Myriad Genetics

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

Small company and very dynamic.

Cons

New products launched without real good data

Don't act like a drug company

45 Other Employee Reviews for Myriad Genetics (View Most Recent)

Dead-End Job with no promotion ability, may just be my field

Current Employee - Patient Advocate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Patient Advocate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits, good hours, the company itself does a good thing for society

Cons

I was told upon being hired that I could move up/move to the Marketing Department after 9 months if they happened to be hiring in Marketing at that time. I took this job basically right out of college with little real world experience, but needed the money, so I shot my chances of getting Marketing experience with the hopes I could transfer after 9 months. 2 years later, HR offers no real help other than to "keep checking the job postings" and does not hire Marketing employees from within. They hire Marketing people with experience. I basically need to start over so I can get on a career path that doesn't limit me to $35 K a year and is actually in the field I want to go into.

Actually engage with your employees who are looking to build a career with Myriad. I don't want to leave, but you forced me out. I was overqualified when you hired me, you should have just been straight with me and told me that I can't move up without real-world experience, and that my qualifications alone wouldn't be enough for me to move up.

Profit over people, if that wasn't already famous.

Current Employee - Patient Advocate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Patient Advocate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You help cancer patients get access to a really expensive genetic test.

Cons

Management treats employees like slaves. This includes mandatory overtime on weekends. It's a pretty counterproductive idea as employees are miserable already. Sorry about your family life, but it's the end of the quarter and we need $$$$.

Figure out where you actually lose revenue. Look deeper in your processes. A lot of improvement needs to be made. A lot of waste happens due to 20 years of hiring bad employees and not caring, but it's time for a makeover. Do YOU know what's going on in customer service? Do YOU know what's causing tests to be cancelled? Do you know what it takes to get a test paid for?

There are newer employer reviews for Myriad Genetics

Worked for Myriad Genetics? Contribute to the Community!