Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

www.mysticlake.com
  www.mysticlake.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Starts off fun, but gets old fast

Current Employee - Server  in  Prior Lake, MN
Current Employee - Server in Prior Lake, MN

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and employee opportunities. Meet tons of fascinating people and a lot of employees and super nice and fun. Clean building.

Cons

Stressful. No holidays off or holiday pay bonuses, guests can be difficult or unreasonable. Managers (Minnehaha Cafe) are unprofessional and power hungry. Employees pay full price for restaurant food because we have our own employee restaurant, but food sucks at 3 in the morning. Community members are allowed to disrespect and treat you poorly. Christmas bonus is a $40 gift card (which is great, but given that the change found on the casino floor daily is more than a person's entire paycheck.) If you work in a restaurant and someone walks out without paying, security will most likely not find them.

Treat employees with respect instead of condescending them. We're human beings and deserve that much.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (View Most Recent)

Exciting and energetic atmosphere. Lots of great benefits and a very diverse team of employees at Mystic Lake.

Former Employee - Slot Supervisor  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Slot Supervisor in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay and great benefits. You will meet lots of great people as they have a large workforce in the service industry.

Cons

Work weekends and nights and holidays.

Spend more time on team building. Felt that coworkers used to be closer but drifted apart apart during my tenure of almost 10 years.

One of a kind experience

Former Employee - Auditor  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Auditor in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Team members are wonderful to get to know and the benefits are wonderful

Cons

Swing and Grave hours are tough but working in the Gaming industry you first start out with the odd hours until you are able to switch the hours you would like.

If you say something, follow through on what you say and do not just apply it to certain team members, apply it to everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Worked for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel? Contribute to the Community!