Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

www.mysticlake.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

I am very proud to be a member of the Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel employment team

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Pros

-All of the employees are nice to one another, it is a very friendly environment
- The hours are perfect for me, and they are very flexible in making my hours fit in with the rest of my life
- I get paid very well for the work I do, and my benifits are great for me and my family
- I get treated very well, they make me feel like I am a valuble asset to the company
-You meet a lot of fun people while working there

Cons

- It's very busy on the weekends, it gets stressful at times
- They have a point system if you are late or call in, which isn't very bad, I am just not used to it

- I can not offer any advice to managment, i think they are doing a fine job, they are running one of the largest Casinos in Minnesota, and I give them two thumbs up for doing a spectacular job

35 Other Employee Reviews for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (View Most Recent)

Apprehensively Interesting

Former Employee - Mystic Supervisor
    Former Employee - Mystic Supervisor

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

.I enjoyed getting to work with my team they were all good as could be expected, with all things considered. Company values are great . But I did not see a big association of them and the team. The Departments did not seem to want to coexist unless they needed to. I thought security staff were good. Again with all things considered. The training I was associated with was all uninspired. But, I just tried to have one person I thought would be the most correct to show me the acceptable way to handle situations on the gaming floor Once. Thank you I had days I couldn't wipe the smile off and days I could not imagine would ever end. Honestly how does one spend a shift being present and not talking..

Cons

The chance to see how the management tree of responsibility can function with so many broken twigs. You couldn't even have a calming beverage with a co worker after the shift. A 2 beverage limit would not kill anyone. I know they might be apprehensive that 2 team members might discover they think that this or that sucks if they can relax and try to head home with a diluted but more of a better feeling When they get to try and enjoy being off the clock. HARSH naw.

Time off policies, attitudes of each shifts team members. I have always worked on the shift that actually needs to handle it. I was vey disappointed that other equals did not make the team members do the work. There is no way that the Scrubbing of floors was done a much as the standard set was. Oh and I have no problem shouldering blame for the team. Honestly, a couple times I thought I was trapped in the twilight zone. Nothing but the sound of crickets when all the incident would need would be some sort of acknowledgement. Live and learn guys its much better than the your all alone experience. At least I did get off the anger management learning direction.

Marketing representative working promotions, special events and managing projects. Very busy job.

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Pros

Fun giving away large sums of money.

Cons

I struggled with the ethics of it. I felt at times like I was stealing people's social security checks. Great health, dental benefits. Exceptional time off, but it was difficult to use it because things are so busy and you are always on a timeline.

Work on building up the skills, talents of your staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel