Mythic Entertainment

www.mythicentertainment.com
  www.mythicentertainment.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mythic Entertainment

Mythic has been almost everything I could have asked from it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Mythic Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As some of the earlier reviews can attest, Mythic has gone through dynamic change recently--and it has emerged far the better for it. The studio is active and agile, and the leadership is trying very hard to be transparent. It is easier here than any place I have worked to expand one's role and try new ideas. The management hierarchy is very flat; there's not a lot of middle management, which means that communication is usually very clear. There is a strong sense of working together.

Cons

Mythic is now a mobile studio, and anyone who is looking to make the kind of games Mythic used to make (large-scale MMOs) should think twice. Also, because the studio's structure recently changed, things are moving very quickly and it can be difficult to keep up with all that's going on. All signs point to this being temporary, though.

The new direction is solid and sound, and a far departure from the Mythic of three years ago. Keep it up!

27 Other Employee Reviews for Mythic Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Bidding BioWare Mythic a sad farewell

Former Employee - Accountant in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Mythic Entertainment as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Today was my last day at BioWare Mythic (aka Mythic Entertainment). I left because I am relocating out of state. I truly enjoyed my job. I looked forward to going to work. My co-workers were friendly and always helpful if I needed something. The work atmosphere is relaxed - one that promotes creativity which is really needed in this industry. I think the employees feel like a team and truly work together. I will miss working there and miss the people.

Cons

Hmmmm.... to be quite honest, I can't think of one.

Once a great studio that held family-like values that has since been absorbed by the corporate machine"

Former Employee - Producer in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Producer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Mythic Entertainment full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- It has a history of being a small studio that accomplished big things that others had once scoffed at. Dark Age of Camelot was the best thing they ever did and is still an icon in the MMOG industry.
    - Located in beautiful Fairfax, Virginia

Cons

- Upper management has never taken responsibility for their decisions.
    - Studio has been in decline over the past few years

You need to take responsibility for failings, not just the credit for success.

There are newer employer reviews for Mythic Entertainment